Current time: 04-20-2024, 01:25 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Inactivity?
aseques Offline
Dev Team

Inactivity?
Hi,

I'm following for some time the forum, both IRC channels and the ticket system, it seems to me that the last couple of weeks there's no much activity in the english forums neither in the ticket system.
What needs to be done? I've some time and some ispcp installs around ...
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2008 12:43 AM by aseques.)
09-30-2008 12:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sci2tech Away

RE: Inactivity?
(09-30-2008 12:42 AM)aseques Wrote:  Hi,
I'm following for some time the forum, both IRC channels and the ticket system, it seems to me that the last couple of weeks there's no much activity in the english forums neither in the ticket system.
What needs to be done? I've some time and some ispcp installs around ...

Mostly we need tests to see if any new bug is found. Especially for other distro then debian.
09-30-2008 01:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

if you have a solution to fix some of the open tickets just drop a message...
09-30-2008 01:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aseques Offline
Dev Team

(09-30-2008 01:35 AM)joximu Wrote:  if you have a solution to fix some of the open tickets just drop a message...

For example I opened a ticket about not using CMD to do logical compare of files, i'm redirecting the root account to my mailbox, and it was very annoying to see all the time a message telling that the "files differ", I update my ticket with the patch I'm using, but I see that it's still in the working queue.
There are no more tickets getting added to the 1.0.0 milestone ?
When the fixes are trivial, or really important they shoud be added still IMHO.

For example too:
The ticket http://www.isp-control.net/ispcp/ticket/1229 has been open for a long and unless the user have more than 1000 system users, should't be a problem, so could be moved to post 1.0.0

In any case I'm downloading the image here, http://virtualbox.wordpress.com/images/centos/ to test a little with centos

Cheers
09-30-2008 08:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sci2tech Away

(09-30-2008 08:02 PM)aseques Wrote:  For example I opened a ticket about not using CMD to do logical compare of files..
I did not see your patch until now. I`ll test and if it work, it will be merged in trunk. About ticket 1229 un my test i meet the bug with only 10 domains. On productive server after 5000 users created and deleted I did not find it. Everything depends on software installed after ispcp, so it must be fixed. I`ll try to fix it by the end of the weekend.
09-30-2008 09:26 PM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

aseques Wrote:I'm following for some time the forum, both IRC channels and the ticket system, it seems to me that the last couple of weeks there's no much activity in the english forums neither in the ticket system.

Totally agree with you: it seems that the only really active dev-team member right now is sci2tech (lots of thanks man, you rock!).

I hope this will change post 1.0 when we are finally ready to redesign the whole thing and ease the development process, because right now it is really painful (horrid templating system, bad architecture, unclean code, obscure cases everywhere, you need to be proficient in both perl and php, etc...).
10-01-2008 02:37 PM
gOOvER Offline
Banned

(10-01-2008 02:37 PM)kilburn Wrote:  Totally agree with you: it seems that the only really active dev-team member right now is sci2tech (lots of thanks man, you rock!).

Yes, that's right. Sci2
Tec is atm the only Dev. RatS is for some months not aviable for ispCP. We really need more Dev's. Maybe we should look for some new.

If someone is willing to help coding, please let us know Smile
10-01-2008 03:44 PM
sci2tech Away

(10-01-2008 02:37 PM)kilburn Wrote:  horrid templating system, bad architecture, unclean code, obscure cases everywhere, you need to be proficient in both perl and php, etc...
That really hurts me because sometime seems more easy to rewrite all then modify code. About perl coding style it is really easy to follow and at least for me looks good. (But I start learning perl only to understand ispcp about 2-3 month ago). Maybe after 1.0 we will discuss architecture of ispcp start rewrite from scratch.
@Kilburn thank you and welcome back, this forum is really missing you.
@aseques your cmp patch was included for all distro.

What I`m trying to do right now is to solve in one shout all mail related bugs, but this may require some time.
10-02-2008 01:07 AM