Current time: 04-26-2024, 12:59 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

rc6->rc7 configs overwritten
Rick Offline

rc6->rc7 configs overwritten
Hi all

I installed RC6 on a new machine some weeks ago (coming from VHCS2) and made some modifications on the configs.

After the upgrade to to rc7 (I followed the install file with strict copy & paste, line by line), I noticed, that the modifications I made were completely overwritten or deleted:

1. At the very end of
/etc/ispcp/awstats.ispcp_tpl.conf
I added:
Include "/etc/awstats/awstats.conf.local"
to include my custom configuration changes, so each of the created sites contained this line at the end of the respective config-file in /etc/awstats.
A file "awstats.conf.local" was even in the /etc/awstats directory. After the Update, all the domain-specific config files were overwritten with a file which replaced my include line at the end with an empty file-name.
My include-file awstats.conf.local was disapeared.

2. The DNS-template db_e.tpl in /etc/ispcp/bind/parts was overwritten. This is critical, as the defaults there are not adequate in a multidomain installation (one has not a DNS-Server for each domain).

A further problem with overwritten files in the /var/cache/bind directory cannot be reconstructed by me. Maybe it has to do with the way ISPCP handles config files for Bind, Postfix et al.

Othes do date not yet detected....

I ask the developpers to take such custom modification into account in the way like ditros do (xx.conf.local) or x.d directories. Otherwise every upgrade becomes a nightmare. I wish that custom-modification per domain (ie other MX for a domain or the like) could be made from the ISPCP-Interface.

Rick
12-14-2008 10:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sci2tech Away

RE: rc6->rc7 configs overwritten
Actual code used in ISPCP do not permit such modifications (to much to be recoded). It`s something we must live with. BUT after V1.0 is released, everything will be rewritten from scratch, and then this is a MUST HAVE.
12-14-2008 10:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply