Current time: 04-20-2024, 07:58 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

email failures after RC7
lschafroth Offline

email failures after RC7
Now when a domain user on my server emails another user hosted on my server, they get this returned:

This is the mail system at host mail.adlsolutions.net.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<lannie@ispcp-arpl.ct-iowa.com> (expanded from <lannie@ct-iowa.com>): Command
died with status 1: "/var/www/ispcp/engine/messager/ispcp-arpl-msgr"

<lannie@ispcp-arpl.ct-iowa.com>: Command died with status 1:
"/var/www/ispcp/engine/messager/ispcp-arpl-msgr"

I have a autoforward set on the lannie@ct-iowa.com account. I sent a test from my lannie@schafroth.name account to lannie@ct-iowa.com to see if the autoresponse and forwarding worked and that was the response I got.

Lannie
12-18-2008 11:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sci2tech Away

RE: email failures after RC7
http://www.isp-control.net/ispcp/changeset/1439
12-19-2008 01:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lschafroth Offline

The email now forwards. I get two copies of the email in the account it is set to forward to and the email is not deleted from the account I wanted forwarded.

For example:

I have lannie@ct-iowa.com set to forward to lannie@schafroth.name. The email stays in the lannie@ct-iowa.com account which is should not since it is set to forward all email.

I get two copies of the forwarded email in my lannie@schafroth.name inbox. I also get the autoresponse. The autoresponse sends an attachment of the orginal. Is this normal??

I still get the error as stated above. I did the changes. I restarted the ispcp daemon. Do I need to restart postfix as well?

The duplicate emails need fixed and the email should not be kept in the inbox of the forwarded account. this needs fixed.

Thanks!

Lannie
One more question. It takes about an hour for my email to be received from a domain hosted on my server to another domain on the same server. Is this postgrey causing this? How can this be fixed for local domains?

Lannie
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2008 11:00 AM by lschafroth.)
12-19-2008 10:59 AM
lschafroth Offline

Anyone have a fix for this?

Lannie
12-20-2008 06:43 AM
sci2tech Away

This really is not a bug. When you add a new email you have an option that this email to be normal mail, forward email or both. looks like you did not unmark normal mail when you created this account. Big Grin
12-20-2008 07:30 AM
lschafroth Offline

(12-20-2008 07:30 AM)sci2tech Wrote:  This really is not a bug. When you add a new email you have an option that this email to be normal mail, forward email or both. looks like you did not unmark normal mail when you created this account. Big Grin

this email already exists, then I changed it to a forward. So you are saying I should delete it, then create it as a forward only? I can certainly do that.

What about the error I get when sending from a local hosted account to another one?

I will delete and readd the other and let you know.

Thanks!!

Lannie
12-20-2008 01:10 PM