Current time: 04-20-2024, 03:57 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

RC7 + ubuntu 8.04 + 403 forbidden when access anything, including control panel
pongraczi Offline

RE: RC7 + ubuntu 8.04 + 403 forbidden when access anything, including control panel
Ok, here is the required changes for Ubuntu 8.10, using ispcp-dailysnapshot.20081228:

You have to modify your configs/ubuntu/apache/00_master.conf at fcgid settings like this:
Code:
<IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
        <Directory {ROOT_DIR}/gui>
            FCGIWrapper {PHP_STARTER_DIR}/master/php{PHP_VERSION}-fcgi-starter .php
            Options +ExecCGI
        </Directory>
        <Directory "{PHP_STARTER_DIR}/master">
            AllowOverride None
            Options +ExecCGI MultiViews -Indexes
            Order allow,deny
            Allow from all
        </Directory>
    </IfModule>
After this modification, you can change some packages to get an updated packages list:
Code:
# cp docs/Ubuntu/ubuntu-packages-hardy docs/Ubuntu/ubuntu-packages-intrepid
# diff -u docs/Ubuntu/ubuntu-packages-hardy docs/Ubuntu/ubuntu-packages-intrepid
--- docs/Ubuntu/ubuntu-packages-hardy   2008-11-09 11:07:33.000000000 +0100
+++ docs/Ubuntu/ubuntu-packages-intrepid        2008-12-28 21:51:56.000000000 +0100
@@ -39,7 +39,7 @@
libnet-libidn-perl
libnet-netmask-perl
libnet-smtp-server-perl
-libperl5.8
+libperl5.10
libsasl2-2
libsasl2-modules
libsnmp-session-perl
@@ -72,7 +72,7 @@
postgrey
procmail
proftpd
-proftpd-mysql
+proftpd-mod-mysql
rkhunter
sasl2-bin
ssh

Now you can follow the INSTALL document, using fcgid as your php engine.
When you will visit your fresh ispcp control panel, you will get php errors.
You have to invoke the following commands to fix permissions issues:
Code:
# chmod 0775 /var/www/ispcp/gui/phptemp
# chmod 0775 /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/htmlpurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer/HTML
# chmod 0775 /var/www/ispcp/gui//themes/user_logos

If everything went well, you will get the login page correctly and now you can login.
I checked it until this step.

UPDATE
Known "problem" after I check the installation:
I got a proftpd error message during the ispcp setup, regarding *SQL* statement or similar. Sorry, I cannot remember after the screen run out of my console. I did not able to scroll back (I used screen commandline utility, sorry).
* SOLVED by developers: proftpd will not work, due to the problem "described" above
* amavisd-new and spamassassin is not on the list, must install before the ispcp setup. That means, it would be nice to put them into the packages.
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2008 07:57 AM by pongraczi.)
12-29-2008 07:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sci2tech Away

RE: RC7 + ubuntu 8.04 + 403 forbidden when access anything, including control panel
See r1448. This solve problem with ubuntu (you were right, that was the difference), add support for ubuntu 8.10, and solve the proftpd problem with ubuntu 8.10. No need for extra steps. Also ubuntu 8.04 has a little problem with mcrypt not being default enabled (must be manually enabled see INSTALL point 10).
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2008 07:53 AM by sci2tech.)
12-29-2008 07:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sci2tech Away

(12-29-2008 07:40 AM)pongraczi Wrote:  * amavisd-new and spamassassin is not on the list, must install before the ispcp setup. That means, it would be nice to put them into the packages.
amavisd-new and spamassassin are not yet supported. But is on the ToDo list Smile
12-29-2008 08:00 AM
pongraczi Offline

(12-29-2008 08:00 AM)sci2tech Wrote:  amavisd-new and spamassassin are not yet supported. But is on the ToDo list Smile

Good news Smile
Anyway, did you also check the directory permissions as I wrote before based on my experience?
I will install the latest daily snapshot soon.

Cheers,
István
12-29-2008 10:01 PM
pongraczi Offline

So, I installed ispcp again from scratch into a fresh ubuntu 8.10.
I got this error message (now I copied it):

Fatal: unknown configuration directive 'SQLNamedQuery' on line 129 of '/etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf'
...fail!

Directory permissions are still not ok, I had to do:
Code:
# chmod 0775 /var/www/ispcp/gui/phptemp
# chmod 0775 /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/htmlpurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer/HTML
# chmod 0775 /var/www/ispcp/gui//themes/user_logos
12-29-2008 11:08 PM
sci2tech Away

I`ll test again tonight. Permissions are necessary only if you rum mod-php not fastcgi/fcgid.
12-30-2008 05:03 AM
pongraczi Offline

Probably so, but I use only fcgid.
So, finally I got it working and I got the same result as with debian lenny.
Everything seems ok.
Anyway, now it is irrelevant for me, which system I use: lenny or ubuntu.
For my purpose, etch was not ok.

This part is just for fun:
I have a server side application, which seems runs perfectly, except the webdav.php part. It includes a dav server, internally.
So, when I try to access it, I got a correct username/password form, but after I give my details, I always get back a password form, independently of the right password etc. Nothing in the logs. Never mind. I can live without it. Smile

And an other thing, I did not find an easy way to use eaccelerator with fcgid.
One time I will try to figure out, is there any real benefit using eaccelerator with fcgid.
Under lenny it crashed, but it should be my fault.

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.
12-30-2008 07:30 AM