Current time: 04-18-2024, 06:40 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

403 errors after disatrous upgrade
scabpicker Offline

403 errors after disatrous upgrade
Hello all, and thanks in advance for any assistance.

I upgraded a customer's machine from rc2->rc7, it was not successful. Since they wanted to limit their downtime, I restored from backups that were made before the installation. After the restore, I receive 403 Forbidden errors when accessing any of the domains or the control panel.

The server is mod_fastcgi, debian 4.0.

I haven't found anything particularly useful in the logs. The users in ispcp.conf seem to be correct. The suexec log has complaints about their 403 error dir being writeable by others. If anyone has any suggestions of which ones to look into, or any other things to check. I would appreciate it. I am not familiar with the logging system of ispCP.

I apologize for any incoherence, I have been awake for awhile.

Edit: I've established that regular files in the path are accessible, (images, etc) but any php file is giving the error, so it's seems like the php/mod_fastcgi config rather than users/groups/perms. Any pointers on where to start looking for problems with this config?

Edit2: Apparently mod_fcgid got installed somewhere along the way, or at least its config did. Got them out of mods-enabled and it all works again.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2009 02:41 PM by scabpicker.)
01-10-2009 11:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply