Current time: 04-16-2024, 11:39 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Does ispCP support php5?
sgrebs Offline

RE: Does ispCP support php5?
(01-28-2009 01:42 AM)gOOvER Wrote:  ispCP comes out of the Box with php5 and MySQL5. Also support all what you want: Java, Ruby, etc, but you have to install it by hand.

Ah ok. This is work for my provider (installing).
The important thing is that they are supported.
About vhcs2 my provider said php5 it's not supported and could be installed using CGI, but I don't like strange solutions at all.

I am almost convinced to migrate to ispCP.

If you say it's not premature and risky to install RC7, then it's time to migrate.
01-28-2009 03:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zothos Offline
Release Manager
Dev Team

(01-28-2009 01:42 AM)gOOvER Wrote:  ispCP comes out of the Box with php5 and MySQL5. Also support all what you want: Java, Ruby, etc, but you have to install it by hand.

it doesnt support it out of the box. But its possible.
01-28-2009 05:07 AM
Mastacheata Offline

The RC7 is pretty much stable right now, from my point of view. You get support via the Forums pretty fast. On the other hand you can't expect priority support like in a commercial product.
But since you were using vhcs you probably know that. And what you get from the abandoned vhcs is probably far less than what ispcp can give you.
01-28-2009 05:10 AM
sgrebs Offline

(01-28-2009 05:07 AM)Zothos Wrote:  

it doesnt support it out of the box. But its possible.

I am Italian, so I don't understand what's the meaning of out of the box, so it's not clear what you are saying.

Is php5 supported or not?
My provider said that php5 could run on vhcs2 TOO in CGI mode, but affecting server performances.
So I don't need to know if php5 CAN run on ispCP (sure), but if php5 is supported by ispCP without the needs of strange solutions (cgi mode).
01-28-2009 06:14 AM
DiXeoN Offline

ispCP uses PHP5.

Out of the box means, that you get it when you install it, and it works right after installing, without doing anything.

Another example on the opposite would be to install Photoshop on a Linux computer, with a fresh Ubuntu install with no other programs running - Photoshop is'nt supported "out of the box", but it its with some small tricks.

Hope i'd explain it good enough Smile
01-28-2009 07:27 AM
sgrebs Offline

(01-28-2009 07:27 AM)DiXeoN Wrote:  ispCP uses PHP5.

Out of the box means, that you get it when you install it, and it works right after installing, without doing anything.

Another example on the opposite would be to install Photoshop on a Linux computer, with a fresh Ubuntu install with no other programs running - Photoshop is'nt supported "out of the box", but it its with some small tricks.

Hope i'd explain it good enough Smile

Thank you very much for your patience.
Really appreciated.
01-28-2009 08:04 AM
DiXeoN Offline

No problemo Smile
01-28-2009 10:55 PM