Current time: 04-19-2024, 10:45 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
upgrade from etch to lenny issues
lschafroth Offline

upgrade from etch to lenny issues
When I upgraded from Debian Etch to Lenny, apache2 would not start.

It errored at line 185 when trying to enable the mod_perl.so module. It said something about the file not being found. The only way to start apache2 was to remove the perl module.

How do I fix that?

Also, when apache2 started it gave the errors/warnings:

Restarting web server: apache2Warning: SuexecUserGroup directive requires SUEXEC wrapper.
Warning: SuexecUserGroup directive requires SUEXEC wrapper.
[Fri Feb 20 15:47:30 2009] [warn] NameVirtualHost *:80 has no VirtualHosts

[Fri Feb 20 15:47:30 2009] [warn] NameVirtualHost *:80 has no VirtualHosts

The sites load now, but the ispCP admin login page shows the following errors:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/www/ispcp/gui/phptmp/sess_3GYHe1hQ4U-f1GFVneYXIrlxMq3, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-lib.php on line 27

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-lib.php:27) in /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-lib.php on line 27

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-lib.php:27) in /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-lib.php on line 27

Any ideas?

Lannie
I also get error 500! Internal Server Error on many of my sites.

Lannie
It appears that running the command apt-get install apache2-suexec and restarting apache2 fixed my issues,

I still need to get perl working. It appears the mod_perl.so is linked to a file that no longer exists or something. Should I do a apt-get remove perl --purge then reinstall it?

Lannie
With PERL enabled via a2enmod perl, this is the error I get when restarting apache2

apache2: Syntax error on line 185 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 1 of /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/perl.load: Cannot load /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_perl.so into server: libperl.so.5.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Lannie
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2009 08:12 AM by lschafroth.)
02-21-2009 07:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Lucan Offline
Beta Team

RE: upgrade from etch to lenny issues
to remove the "NameVirtualHost *:80 has no VirtualHosts" warning, you have to delete one line at the /etc/apache2/ports.conf
Normaly there should only be one line, if you delete that one, the warning will disappear.

Greets
02-21-2009 08:34 AM
Find all posts by this user
lschafroth Offline

I have mod_perl fixed. I did a apt-get install libperl.....etc.

The only problem I now have is using pma. No user can login to phpadmin. I can login to my admin panel, create a database, add a user for that database and they cannot login to phpadmin. The eror states cannot login to mysql server.

Any ideas? I'm real close to being solid enough to upgrade from RC7 to 1.0.

Lannie
(02-21-2009 08:34 AM)Lucan Wrote:  to remove the "NameVirtualHost *:80 has no VirtualHosts" warning, you have to delete one line at the /etc/apache2/ports.conf
Normaly there should only be one line, if you delete that one, the warning will disappear.

Greets

that did it! thank you....

Lannie
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2009 08:38 AM by lschafroth.)
02-21-2009 08:37 AM
Lucan Offline
Beta Team

Quote:Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/www/ispcp/gui/phptmp/sess_3GYHe1hQ4U-f1GFVneYXIrlxMq3, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-lib.php on line 27

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-lib.php:27) in /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-lib.php on line 27

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-lib.php:27) in /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-lib.php on line 27

I think thats because of wrong permissions.

maybe you should run engine/setup/set-gui-permissions and set-engine-permissions again

greetz
Or try this first:

Code:
chown www-data:www-data /var/www/ispcp/gui/phptmp
chmod 1777 /var/www/ispcp/gui/phptmp
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2009 08:43 AM by Lucan.)
02-21-2009 08:38 AM
lschafroth Offline

(02-21-2009 08:38 AM)Lucan Wrote:  I think thats because of wrong permissions.

maybe you should run engine/setup/set-gui-permissions and set-engine-permissions again

greetz

After I reinstalled suexec with apt-get everything worked.

Lannie
02-21-2009 08:44 AM
Lucan Offline
Beta Team

So the only error you've got now is the one with pma?
02-21-2009 08:45 AM
lschafroth Offline

Thanks for everyone listening to me ramble about each step of the process in troubleshooting it! Smile

Everything is fixed and I am backing everything up and preparing for the RC7 > 1 upgrade.

The pma fix was to login to the control panel as admin, take over as a user and go to sql administration. Click on the phpadmin link from there and it let me in.

After that, the root could login again without issue. STRANGE....

Thanks!!!!

Lannie
Running 1.0.0 without any hitches!!!

Great job everyone.

Lannie
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2009 09:29 AM by lschafroth.)
02-21-2009 08:45 AM
Thread Closed