Current time: 04-20-2024, 09:37 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

IspCP and Webmin?
meph137 Offline

IspCP and Webmin?
Hi all, first off thankyou very much to the developers and testers of IspCP Omega - I've tried it out and it seems very nice, especially for free Smile

There are a few features that it does not have currently that I need to have in the short term, features such as custom DNS zone modifications, it seems as though webmin will provide these sorts of features but I have doubts that the two will work together.

Has anyone got a running IspCP / Webmin setup running currently? If so, how well do the two work together and are there any pitfalls I should look out for?

Thanks very muchSmile
02-27-2009 06:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kurgans Offline
Moderators

RE: IspCP and Webmin?
Hi,

I work with webmin and all programs installed by ISPCP (Mysql, SpamAssasin, Postfix, Bind .. etc) can work perfectly and configure Webmin without needing the console
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2009 06:59 AM by kurgans.)
02-27-2009 06:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
meph137 Offline

(02-27-2009 06:57 AM)kurgans Wrote:  Hi,

I work with webmin and all programs installed by ISPCP (Mysql, SpamAssasin, Postfix, Bind .. etc) can work perfectly and configure Webmin without needing the console

Really? wow - I thought there would be issues, for exmaple if I made a DNS zone by creating a domain in IspCP, and then changed that zone via webmin, and then altered the domain on IspCP again, I thought my changes in webmin would be lost.
02-27-2009 07:03 AM
kurgans Offline
Moderators

Has played in the weak point of webmin, jejej ISP dns works in areas
/ etc / ispcp / bind / working /
/ var / cache / bind

Webmin only changes var / cache / bind, you will need to copy the file to ISPCP and restart bind.
02-27-2009 07:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
meph137 Offline

ok, thanks for the info Smile
02-27-2009 07:25 AM