Current time: 04-20-2024, 04:47 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

add hint for removeing .svn folders in docu
Haeber Offline
Dev Team

add hint for removeing .svn folders in docu
In the last week we get three posts and bugreports about .svn folders which block the domain creation/modification. All reporters copied there ispcp directly from trunk.

So there should be more and stronger information about coping from trunk and deleting .svn folders in the docs, esspecially at the following two sites:
  • http://www.isp-control.net/ispcp/wiki/releases_svn
  • http://www.isp-control.net/documentation/start/upgrade/nightly

Another and more useful solution would be a modification for the install script, so it does not copy .svn folders. So exclude .svn folders from the copy command.

Best Regards
Haeber
03-01-2009 01:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FeG Offline
Banned

RE: add hint for removeing .svn folders in docu
Hi,

(03-01-2009 01:46 PM)Haeber Wrote:  Another and more useful solution would be a modification for the install script, so it does not copy .svn folders. So exclude .svn folders from the copy command.

am I wrong or does the update script uses the nightly builds from the download section? They don't contain any .svn folders (if I haven't missed one ...). So there should be no problem.

Everyone who downloads the trunk directly via the svn command should know, that there is the command svn export ... but of course, on could add this here.

Greetings
FeG
03-03-2009 12:27 AM
gOOvER Offline
Banned

The Updatescript from the Wiki removes every .svn Folder after copy to the correct Directory Wink
03-03-2009 12:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Haeber Offline
Dev Team

(03-03-2009 12:27 AM)FeG Wrote:  ...
Everyone who downloads the trunk directly via the svn command should know, that there is the command svn export ... but of course, on could add this here.

Yes, i think it would be a good solution to add a hint here.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2009 01:42 AM by Haeber.)
03-03-2009 01:41 AM
sci2tech Away

(03-03-2009 01:41 AM)Haeber Wrote:  Yes, i think it would be a good solution to add a hint here.
I consider that trunk is for people that know what is ispcp, a svn and what to help development. For those who are not in this category I did provide a script for update. BTW this is not an How To
03-03-2009 01:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeNe Offline
Moderators

Right -> MOVED to Suggestions

Greez BeNe
03-03-2009 01:52 AM