Current time: 04-19-2024, 08:49 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

VHCS problem.
mjk Offline

VHCS problem.
Hey all,

I have just got a weird issue.

I am running debian sarge and vhcs 2.4.7.1

I have just got a new sign up, however, after adding the domain, it does not seem to start.

Domain ID: 15 - domain status PROBLEM -<br><small>User IP: X.X.X.X</small>

I can't find any logged errors, nothing. Just the domain does not seem to start. Just keep getting the little red square.

Any suggestions. ??

Thanks
05-17-2007 01:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
grungy Offline

RE: VHCS problem.
Sorry dude this is not the place to search support for VHCS. We are the community of Omega users Wink
05-17-2007 05:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
grungy Offline

mjk - covert to ispCP, embrace the new ideology Smile
05-17-2007 05:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mjk Offline

Sure, I figured there are current/former vhcs users here, since ispcp us a natural progression of vhcs.

I sadly can't just change to ispcp, too many users and still have people signing up.

I have to now manually add accounts to vhcs, the order page does not result in a working account.
05-18-2007 12:23 PM
BioALIEN Offline
Public Relations Officer
Dev Team

I recommend you try and fix this manually while ispCP RC3 hits the streets. Then you can take advantage of the upgrade script and move all your belongings to ispCP Omega Smile
05-18-2007 01:49 PM
MicCo Offline
Moderators

mjk Wrote:Hey all,
I have just got a weird issue.
I am running debian sarge and vhcs 2.4.7.1
I have just got a new sign up, however, after adding the domain, it does not seem to start.

Domain ID: 15 - domain status PROBLEM -<br><small>User IP: X.X.X.X</small>

I can't find any logged errors, nothing. Just the domain does not seem to start. Just keep getting the little red square.
Any suggestions. ??
Thanks

No suggestions to solve your problem, but maybe an hint to why You ended up with the problem Sad

Last time You ran a apt-get update on your server the update was for Debian Etch, the NEW stable Debian version.

So when your source list say Debian stable it's colects the Etch update and not the Sarge update, to change that (to late now) on other serveres You have to change Debian stable to Debian sarge.
05-18-2007 08:14 PM
mjk Offline

MicCo Wrote:No suggestions to solve your problem, but maybe an hint to why You ended up with the problem Sad

Last time You ran a apt-get update on your server the update was for Debian Etch, the NEW stable Debian version.

So when your source list say Debian stable it's colects the Etch update and not the Sarge update, to change that (to late now) on other serveres You have to change Debian stable to Debian sarge.

True.. so this is a php4 vs php5 issue?
05-18-2007 08:56 PM
MicCo Offline
Moderators

mjk Wrote:True.. so this is a php4 vs php5 issue?

As nobody is perfect, my self included, I/WE have made the same error on a few of our servers too!!

And I have been descusing it with Malte, who says that it will be a very big job to make an roll-back of the servers ( 5+ hours per server, and no garantee), so the best thing to do is to just wait for the update script (not 100% on that will solve all), or move the customers to an other server (VHCS or ispCP none stable yet), as manual setting at dbase ain't garanteed to correct the problems at the server with the error.
05-18-2007 09:20 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

Hi mjk

> Domain ID: 15 - domain status PROBLEM -<br><small>User IP: X.X.X.X</small>

this is shown, when trying to log in into ispcp with the new domain - isn't it?

What is the status in the database (ispcp, table domains...)?

Have you gone through all Logs on jour searching for the bug?
(there are also some Logfiles in /tmp, and of course /var/log/... apache2 or ispcp))

/Cheers
05-18-2007 09:45 PM