Current time: 04-24-2024, 06:49 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[solved] Blank page
biologist Offline

[solved] Blank page
On a test-server I updated my current vhcs 2.4.7.1-installation with the current ispcp-release. I managed to run php as cgi on gentoo. But unfortunately the gui doesn't work. I just get a blank screen. The page's source code just shows
<!--
Compression level: 8
Original size: 0 kb
New size: 0.01 kb
Saving: -0.01 kb (0 %)
Time: 0 ms
Serverload: 0.1
-->

What did I forget?
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2009 11:45 PM by biologist.)
03-10-2009 12:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rbtux Offline
Moderators

RE: Blank page
Well let's assume you don't know what you did and you got only the information for your post... Would you bother helping? I don't think so...

Provide more details logs, configs, etc...
03-10-2009 12:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
biologist Offline

(03-10-2009 12:10 AM)rbtux Wrote:  Well let's assume you don't know what you did and you got only the information for your post... Would you bother helping? I don't think so...

Provide more details logs, configs, etc...
Well, I just thought maybe I've forgotten to activate the gui anywhere. I mean PHP is running, I tested (within ispcp-installation) pma and webmail. It's working fine. So that's the reason why I didn't provide any further details.

Ok, here we go:
I'm actually about to migrate all the data from my old to the new server. I've been running vhcs 2.4.7.1 so far and yesterday I've noticed that iscp has been released. I just want to give it a try, but my problem is, that a made a lot a changes on the old version, because I'm running apache chrooted. I mean it's working fine, but I want to have a closer look to the new version.
Anyway, actually ispcp is *not* chrooted so this can't be the problem. I ran the ispcp-setup and it worked (after changing mysql-socket to default - in my chrooted environment I need it anywhere else). After this step I ran the upgrade-step. After that I still have some error-messages in /var/log/ispcp indicating master manager process is not running. But shouldn't the gui be unaffected by this? DB-update was performed, mail-users have been created (out of the data from the mysql-vhcs2-database.
So at all I didn't change any paths within the config (/etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf) - just the passwords where added. I checked the paths (everything was fine) and the corresponding files have been copied there. I just had a view to the gui's source-code and noticed there is a check, if ispcp.conf exists. So as a test I just renamed this config-file and the gui complained afterwards that it is gone. So what data exactly do you need?

apache-log:
Just indicates "/" has been accessed. Nothing that would help - no errors.

Believe me, I just didn't write this mail without checking all that stuff. The gui just shows a blank page, but the virtual host is configured fine. And additionaly it doesn't seem to be a chmod-problem.
I forgot something: sessionfile in phptmp is created, but it's empty. When I place a test-php-file (say test.php) in the same directory containing phpinfo(), the file gets executed correctly.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2009 01:16 AM by biologist.)
03-10-2009 12:40 AM
biologist Offline

No ideas?
I copied the gui-directory and isccp.conf to my old server and there's the same problem => blank screen! PHP is loaded as apache-module.
Beside of interacting with the system - shouldn't the gui just run out-of-the-box? And if not: what is necessary to get the gui running?
I also tested a genkernel - normally the one I use is hardened. Anyway, this also didn't help.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2009 07:27 AM by biologist.)
03-10-2009 07:23 AM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

try enabling display_errors and display_startup_errors in the cp's php.ini and see if any error shows up. Blank page usually means some sort of php error, so the other thing you may try is directly adding error_reporting(0) to the beggining of index.php ...
03-10-2009 07:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
biologist Offline

(03-10-2009 07:46 AM)kilburn Wrote:  try enabling display_errors and display_startup_errors in the cp's php.ini and see if any error shows up. Blank page usually means some sort of php error, so the other thing you may try is directly adding error_reporting(0) to the beggining of index.php ...
I tried it but the screen remains blank. No errors, no hints - nothing :-(
Do I have to install a special template engine?
03-11-2009 03:46 AM
rbtux Offline
Moderators

nope in which file did you activite display_errors?
03-11-2009 03:50 AM
biologist Offline

(03-11-2009 03:50 AM)rbtux Wrote:  nope in which file did you activite display_errors?
/var/www/fcgi/master/php5/php.ini
In the meantime a tried a little bit around and placed some debug-traces like "echo 'test123'" within different php-files starting with index.php. The get shown until the following code in include/sql.php:

PHP Code:
@$sql Database::connect(Config::get('DB_USER'), Config::get('DB_PASS'), Config::get('DB_TYPE'), Config::get('DB_HOST'), Config::get('DB_NAME'))
    or 
system_message('ERROR: Unable to connect to SQL server !<br>SQL returned: ' $sql->ErrorMsg()); 

After these lines they seem to be disregarded.
Any ideas? I didn't even change USER_INITIAL_THEME. It's still omega_original and the corresponding folder is located within the themes-directory....
03-11-2009 04:42 AM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

I think you are missing the php pdo modules (I don't relly know if they are enabled through USE flags, separate packages or whatever). Can you check this?
03-11-2009 08:50 PM
biologist Offline

(03-11-2009 08:50 PM)kilburn Wrote:  I think you are missing the php pdo modules (I don't relly know if they are enabled through USE flags, separate packages or whatever). Can you check this?
Indeed, this was the problem. I added this flag but forgot to recompile php.
Many thanks!
03-11-2009 11:45 PM