Current time: 04-26-2024, 01:50 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ispcp-dovecot-mngr bug
biologist Offline

ispcp-dovecot-mngr bug
Yesterday, I put ispCP into productive. It's working fine so far, but today I recognized, there a problem with dovecot and usernames, that contain an underscore-character. So finally I figured out, that isp-dovocot-mngr is the problem, as there's an regexp for the username, that doesn't include underscore. As it's possible to create mailadresses via ispCP that contain underscores, this is (imho) a bug (that can be easily fixed).
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2009 11:55 PM by biologist.)
03-15-2009 11:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

RE: ispcp-dovecot-mngr bug
hi,

please open a ticket if not done already in our tracker.

thank you!.
03-16-2009 01:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
biologist Offline

(03-16-2009 01:24 AM)ephigenie Wrote:  hi,

please open a ticket if not done already in our tracker.

thank you!.
I tried so..... but "Submission rejected as potential spam".
03-16-2009 04:04 AM
sci2tech Away

Dovecot is not officially supported by ISPCP. ispcp-dovecot-mngr is provided for people that want to use dovecot, but they do this on there own risk. Do not open a ticket because it will be closed. Anyway, I remember that a similar conversation, and in that thread i did provide a way to fix that problem. Please search the forum.
03-16-2009 07:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
biologist Offline

(03-16-2009 07:03 AM)sci2tech Wrote:  Dovecot is not officially supported by ISPCP. ispcp-dovecot-mngr is provided for people that want to use dovecot, but they do this on there own risk. Do not open a ticket because it will be closed. Anyway, I remember that a similar conversation, and in that thread i did provide a way to fix that problem. Please search the forum.
Ok, I wasn't sure if I downloaded this file extra. I already fixed the problem by myself. So I'm not gonna open a ticket.
03-16-2009 07:08 AM
pgentoo Offline
Dev Team

Anyone have an updated regex to fix this?
03-16-2009 09:59 AM
biologist Offline

(03-16-2009 09:59 AM)pgentoo Wrote:  Anyone have an updated regex to fix this?
Just substitute in ispcp-dovecot-mngr:

if ($username =~ /^(([a-z0-9\-]+\.?)+)@(([a-z0-9\-]+\.?)+)$/) {

with

if ($username =~ /^(([a-z0-9\-_]+\.?)+)@(([a-z0-9\-]+\.?)+)$/) {

That's all.
03-16-2009 10:02 AM
BeNe Offline
Moderators

So we should update the Wiki and put all forum entry´s clean in there.
At this time you must use the wiki AND search in the Forum to get Dovecot running. Sad

Greez BeNe
03-16-2009 06:48 PM
aseques Offline
Dev Team

(03-16-2009 06:48 PM)BeNe Wrote:  So we should update the Wiki and put all forum entry´s clean in there.
At this time you must use the wiki AND search in the Forum to get Dovecot running. Sad

Greez BeNe

Hey, I am the "self-assigned" responsable for the dovecot wiki, the problem with the wiki is that you cannot upload files at this time.
It seemed to me that pasting the whole content of the manager was a bit to much for a wiki page.
I someone fixes the wiki problems, I'll be happy to update the information ...
Of course, if anyone wants to do it by himself I'll be glad to give him/her a big hug Tongue
Well, I created a new thread here -> http://www.isp-control.net/forum/thread-...49018.html
With the modified ispcp-dovecot-mngr attached and modified the information from the wiki to point to it.
This way at least there will be a updateable source for the script (updateable for me at least).
If you have any more modifications for the scrip, you can send them to me and I'll try to have it updated.

Cheers
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2009 12:33 AM by aseques.)
03-17-2009 12:09 AM
b2ag Offline

(03-17-2009 12:09 AM)aseques Wrote:  Hey, I am the "self-assigned" responsable for the dovecot wiki, the problem with the wiki is that you cannot upload files at this time.

Whats wrong with using http://pastebin.com/ or some other but similar service instead of forcing user to register before they can download absolute essential script for "howto:mail:replace_courier_with_dovecot_plus_database_quota"???
*facepalm*
05-11-2011 09:41 AM