Current time: 05-02-2024, 08:56 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Anyone offering paid installations?
.Joel
Unregistered

At Anyone offering paid installations?
Just curious if anyone here is offering paid installations of ispCP and support if we need it? If so could you please email me with what the cost of setup would be, we will have a Debian Etch server ready.

My email: joel.theodore@gmail.com

Regards,

Joel
03-20-2009 12:41 AM
Quote this message in a reply
BeNe Offline
Moderators

RE: Anyone offering paid installations?
ispCP is OpenSource, also our Support here, so use it!
You can try it on your own, use the Docu and this Forum if you need help Wink
But maybe some User here helps also for money.

Greez BeNe
03-20-2009 12:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
.Joel
Unregistered

Hi BeNe,

That's great that it's opensource, however as with any opensource product I generally only go near it if there is some sort of commercial support behind it so I know if I am unable to solve something the solution is only a ticket away.

Regards,

.Joel
03-20-2009 01:00 AM
rbtux Offline
Moderators

Hi Joel

as the installation is very simple don't automatically expect the person who is installing this for money is also able to solve raising problems in productive environment...
03-20-2009 02:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
.Joel
Unregistered

True, this is why if anyone comes forward I take a better look. Usually you get people offer such services who have their own professional services running on the side to an opensource project.

Right now i'm just not sure if ispCP is suitable for a live production environment, it just seems, well nearly "moddish" if that's even a word. I'm looking for a good control panel I can run, but not need to spend heedless amounts of time tweaking it.

Time for some sleep, back later.
03-20-2009 02:32 AM
alecksievici Offline
Beta Team

If you're in the money you can try cpanel or plesk.

http://www.cpanel.net/purchase/cpwhm_pricing.htm
http://www.parallels.com/eu/store/ppb/

In other case if you plan to use ispcp i can tell you that if you play with it for a few days and read the documentation and forums you'll see you can have it on a production server even though it's opensource.

Also the dev team offers a great line of support for free so i don't see why you should bother spending a lot of money.

If you really want to spend money find yourself a sysadmin for your server/servers...
03-22-2009 12:40 AM
.Joel
Unregistered

It's fine now, I finished up setting up Direct Admin last night and have nearly completed the server transfer.

All the best with the project.

Regards,

Joel
03-22-2009 12:48 AM
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

Sad to hear this.

Of course there are people helping & supporting the software.
Just thinking at joximu and others right ?
03-25-2009 08:47 AM
rbtux Offline
Moderators

well this is a political issue in some companies... Software without service level agreements is a bit difficult to get into some environments...
03-25-2009 08:52 AM
puster Offline

(03-25-2009 08:52 AM)rbtux Wrote:  well this is a political issue in some companies... Software without service level agreements is a bit difficult to get into some environments...

While I do agree that software with SLA's mostly has it easier to get into companies, I do think it is somewhat of a two-sided blade.

SLA's are one one side good that you get a certain point of contact. But on the other hand stipulations of the SLA can take it down again (response times, contact times, etc.)

I do have to say that I like it here better, for the help to my problems has been fast and to the point. This is what you gain from having a community. And as the community does seem to be from around the world you can get answers to your problems from someone who already experienced it or something similar around the clock.

And I, speaking for myself, pick this over any kind of SLA.

Greetz

Manuel
03-27-2009 02:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply