Current time: 04-26-2024, 02:50 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[SOLVED] SquirrelMail Plugin broked
bitstorm Offline

Cool [SOLVED] SquirrelMail Plugin broked
Guys, something has changed in ISPCP/MySQL on latest version?

I had two systems Debian Etch/ISPCP_RC2 and Debian Etch/ISPCP_RC3. After upgrade to Debian Lenny/ISPCP_1.0 this weekend my change_pass plugin of squirrelmail broked... I get this error while trying to change an password:
Quote:Problem detected: 0 accounts found
Your old password does not match
In time: The old password given is correct!

And when I enable "$csp_debug" I get:

Quote:Password query result is: 0
Query was: SELECT DISTINCT t1.`mail_id` FROM `mail_users` t1 LEFT JOIN `domain` t2 USING ( `domain_id` ) LEFT JOIN `domain_aliasses` t3 USING ( `domain_id` ) LEFT JOIN `subdomain` t4 USING ( `domain_id` ) WHERE t1.`mail_acc` = 'teste' AND t1.`mail_pass` = '123teste' AND (( t1.`mail_type` = 'normal_mail' AND t2.`domain_name` = 'teste.com.br' ) OR ( t1.`mail_type` = 'alias_mail' AND t3.`alias_name` = 'teste.com.br' AND t3.`alias_id` = t1.`sub_id` ) OR ( t1.`mail_type` = 'subdom_mail' AND CONCAT( t4.`subdomain_name`, '.', t2.`domain_name` ) = 'brasmoto.com.br' AND t4.`subdomain_id` = t1.`sub_id` ) )

I installed this plugin following this howto from documentation: change_webmailpass
And works well until this upgrade... any light? Sad
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2009 01:08 PM by bitstorm.)
03-31-2009 09:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeNe Offline
Moderators

RE: SquirrelMail Plugin broked
The Passwords are now crypted!
The Community created a working Version in RoundCube --> http://www.isp-control.net/documentation...r_optional

Greez BeNe
03-31-2009 03:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: SquirrelMail Plugin broked
Here's a working version of the change_sqlpass plugin. Usage:

1. Backup your current plugin, just in case...
2. Unzip the attached .tar.gz to the squirrelmail's plugins directory
3. Replace the mysql user/password by the correct ones in the $csp_dns variable inside config.php
4. Change any other options you want in this config.php file
5. Enable the plugin in the squirrel's config
6. ...
7. Profit!

I've no time to explain the modifications that I've made, but you can easily see them diff'ing against the old version.

Cheers!

Attached File(s)
.gz  change_sqlpass.tar.gz (Size: 10.8 KB / Downloads: 93)
03-31-2009 10:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bitstorm Offline

Cool RE: SquirrelMail Plugin broked
Wow.... WORKS!!!! Tons of thanks to you, kilburn!!!!! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Its an good idea to update the tutorial at "How-to" wiki... will help many fingerless sysadmins as I am! Tongue

Obs.: BeNe, roundcube is an good option, but my users(+4k) loves squirrelmail... Rolleyes
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2009 01:09 PM by bitstorm.)
04-01-2009 01:06 PM
soho Offline

RE: [SOLVED] SquirrelMail Plugin broked
Thanks kilburn!!

I'm working with ispCp 1.0 and your mod change_sqlpass worked perfect.
05-06-2009 12:35 AM
BeNe Offline
Moderators

Killburn, do you see a way to get this feature in the trunk without big problems ?

Greez BeNe
05-06-2009 05:27 AM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

There are two tasks I can think of to make this upstream:
1) We must create a new mysql user that only has permission to read the mail-related tables and write to the password field (and setup the module accordingly)
2) We should come up with a way to synchronize the module restrictions regarding allowed passwords (must have alphanumeric characters, numbers, etc.) with the one chosen in the panel.

Any ideas?
05-06-2009 06:33 AM
BeNe Offline
Moderators

Quote:1) We must create a new mysql user that only has permission to read the mail-related tables and write to the password field (and setup the module accordingly)
This will make it more secure. We can create the MySQL-User, something like "vmail" during the install. But we need this also in the Upgrade Script. So there is a check needed.
Quote:2) We should come up with a way to synchronize the module restrictions regarding allowed passwords (must have alphanumeric characters, numbers, etc.) with the one chosen in the panel.
You mean the Strong Password Option, right ?

Greez BeNe
05-06-2009 03:43 PM
soho Offline

(05-06-2009 03:43 PM)BeNe Wrote:  ...
Quote:2) We should come up with a way to synchronize the module restrictions regarding allowed passwords (must have alphanumeric characters, numbers, etc.) with the one chosen in the panel.
You mean the Strong Password Option, right ?

Greez BeNe

I think this is the case, but in change_sqlpass should be adjusted too. The standard is set that is more demanding than the ispCP. It required a combination containing characters in uppercase characters to lowercase, and numbers.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2009 10:30 PM by soho.)
05-06-2009 10:29 PM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Yeah, I meant synchronizing this module with the restrictions enforced by the "Strong Passwords" option. By the way, the whole module could use some serious revision, because if we adapt it and ship our own version there's no need for customizable queries and such.

I'll take a closer look at it...
05-06-2009 11:22 PM