Current time: 04-20-2024, 07:15 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Custom error pages
Esni Offline

Custom error pages
Hi,

I'm experiencing this problem more in the version 2.4.8RC1, but I thought to ask if anyone had a similar problem in the omega version also. When a client edits his own error page from the control panel, the error page is translated to mysql-table in the wrong form. The tags < and > are marked to the mysql as &lt; and &gt;

This causes that the browser is actually showing blank html-code in the custom error page and when I look at the file via ftp, i can see that those tags has been changed.

How can I get the tags not to be changed to those codelines when editing ones own error page in the control panel?
05-23-2007 06:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zothos Offline
Release Manager
Dev Team

RE: Custom error pages
have you tried it with the newest trunk? If so, plz write a ticket. I will have a closer look now at the code, maybe i find a solution.
05-23-2007 07:54 AM
Esni Offline

This problem is with the 2.4.8RC1 version, which was the good update/bug fixing release of the normal vhcs. The problem is that vhcs.net can't provide support to this version either since the code has been changed.
05-23-2007 06:12 PM
Zothos Offline
Release Manager
Dev Team

ah, ok. Now its a bit clearer. But i must say, i havent even the vhcs 2.4.8. So i cant help you. But maybe someone who is reading this ^^
05-23-2007 09:39 PM
Esni Offline

Yeah, np.

The problem is simple, the custom page editor from the control panel is changing the < and > tags to code to the mysql-table and to the php files in the /errors/ folder. The internet browser understands those codes to the tags < and > but apache doesn't, so the code come to the folder, not the actual page.
05-23-2007 09:54 PM
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

Sry - but don't expect that to be fixed in 2.4.8 Wink
05-24-2007 12:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esni Offline

I know the vhcs 2.4.8 is done, but I was wondering because this is really a rather simple problem and I think it can be solved very easily that is it possible to give me some heading that where to find the problem. Or is it possible to check from the omega version that how the same thing is done in there if the custom error pages work in omega. I would just have to know the files that are behind this(I checked the actualy php-file of the custom error page editor).
05-24-2007 01:49 AM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

I'd start with the files which offer the editor

in ispcp this is: client/error_edit.php

and then you can compare to the ispcp version.
I think it's a html conversion to much, so just follow the variables wich are given to the form...

/J
05-24-2007 03:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esni Offline

The differences with ispomega and 2.4.8 were great so I decided to compare it to the 2.4.7 and the only difference was that from the line 184 the global $cfg; was deleted and to the line 231 the line was changed to gen_client_menu($tpl, $cfg['CLIENT_TEMPLATE_PATH'].'/menu_webtools.tpl');

No other changes, I guess these changes cannot be responsible for this, is there any other files that are in the process?
05-24-2007 05:20 AM