Current time: 04-17-2024, 09:02 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[SOLVED] iPhone email
brianhill1980 Offline

[SOLVED] iPhone email
Hey guys,

I have a question regarding the email and iPhone. I setup my iPhone to check for messages from my email account that I setup in ispCP. For retrieving emails and viewing them it works great, but when it comes to deleting, or moving emails to a folder it doesn't work. Gives me an error. "Unable to move message: This message could not be moved to the mailbox Trash."

How can I resolve this? I'd like to be able to delete and move messages like I can with my gmail account.
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2009 03:52 PM by BeNe.)
05-03-2009 04:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeNe Offline
Moderators

RE: iPhone email
Does it work without any Problem in Webmail/Thunderbird/Outlook ?
Did you use POP3 or IMAP ?
Something in the Logs ?

Greez BeNe
05-04-2009 05:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brianhill1980 Offline

I don't use Thunderbird / Outlook simply so I can access all my mail from anywhere using the webmail. I'm using Roundcube as well. Moving messages works fine in Roundcube. I have my phone setup for IMAP. I tried POP3 but that doesn't load all the folders on my phone like IMAP does. It only shows my Inbox.

Nothing in the logs.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2009 10:06 AM by brianhill1980.)
05-04-2009 09:50 AM
brianhill1980 Offline

Anyone able to help with this?

I setup Mail on my Mac and tried accessing my account, and it wouldn't work either. I'm in an entirely new problem now though. I can't connect to my SMTP server. It's running, but the server returns an error "invalid login" when I use my user@domain.tld and password info.

On my phone I can still access the IMAP incoming, and view all messages in all folders, but I can't move / delete them still.

Any help?
OK... more tests and results.

I tried to telnet into my SMTP server. No response.
"telnet brianhillphotography.ca 25"
Timed out.

I ran some tests online at a couple of SMTP server test sites. All sites say my server is functional and is ready to receive mail.

Installed Thunderbird on my Mac, and I can access my account, and delete / move messages. But I cannot send. SMTP is not accepting connections generic error.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm running a firewall on my server, I disabled it temporarily but that didn't resolve the issue either. Port 25, 110, 143, 993, and 995 are open.
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2009 12:54 PM by brianhill1980.)
07-23-2009 12:26 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

Maybe IMAP on Mail.App from Mac is other than IMAP with Thunderbird etc...

Is there an option of a "IMAP server folder" - this should be INBOX. (the . after INBOX should be there).

Maybe you can do some experiments... and if Mail.App is working also the iPhone should do it with the same settings.

/J

Upd: Maybe increase the logging verbosity in courier-imap...
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2009 08:40 PM by joximu.)
07-23-2009 08:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brianhill1980 Offline

OK, ignore all that SMTP stuff I mentioned earlier. That was a different problem entirely, and it wasn't really a problem at all. My ISP blocks port 25, my server ISP does not. I needed to use port 587 in my applications to send mail through my server.

The original problem of not being able to delete messages, or move messages to a different folder from my iPhone still applies.

I have used both Thuderbird and Mail.app on my desktop to access my IMAP account on my server and they can both delete and move messages.
07-28-2009 12:58 PM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

I have some clients using their iPhones just fine, so courier-imapd should support it without problems. Maybe this can help you...
07-28-2009 04:12 PM
brianhill1980 Offline

Kilburn,

thanks for the tip. That resolved my problem. I didn't have any folders selected (didn't know I had to). After I picked the appropriate folder it works perfectly. Thanks again!
07-29-2009 02:49 PM
miLes_siLent Offline

RE: [SOLVED] iPhone email
I think that it can be resolve because we know that the iPhone email offers the best email on any mobile device. The rich HTML format allows you to view email like you would on any computer. And full support for Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, JPEG and iWork allows you to view your attachments the way they were meant to be seen.

11-19-2009 02:37 PM
JayC Offline

RE: [SOLVED] iPhone email
Good to know this conversation because I have the same problem with us for the email in my iPhone. I couldn't delete some of the existing inbox to my email. I did some option but never works at it.
07-20-2010 01:36 PM