Current time: 04-20-2024, 09:37 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Server statistics are all zero
datashaman Offline

Server statistics are all zero
Hi there,

My server statistics page shows 0 for all protocols starting from a few days ago. I assume some cron job or data gatherer is not functioning as required. It was working before 4 days ago. I've installed and re-installed a few times, so it's likely that something has gone wrong somewhere. Any tips on where to look? I've noticed now that the /var/www/scoreboards files are empty. That's not right is it?

Regards,
Marlin Forbes
05-08-2009 09:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeNe Offline
Moderators

RE: Server statistics are all zero
Can you please post your ispCP Cron ?
Quote:I've noticed now that the /var/www/scoreboards files are empty. That's not right is it?
The Scorebaords is for mod_cband, so this could be ok.

Greez BeNe
05-08-2009 10:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
datashaman Offline

(05-08-2009 10:32 PM)BeNe Wrote:  Can you please post your ispCP Cron ?
Quote:I've noticed now that the /var/www/scoreboards files are empty. That's not right is it?
The Scorebaords is for mod_cband, so this could be ok.

Greez BeNe

Here ya go:

Code:
# delayed tasks START.

# Quota
@daily root {QUOTA_ROOT_DIR}/ispcp-dsk-quota &>{LOG_DIR}/ispcp-dsk-quota.log

# Traffic
0,30    *    *    *    *  root {TRAFF_ROOT_DIR}/ispcp-srv-traff &>{LOG_DIR}/ispcp-srv-traff.log
0,30    *    *    *    *  root {TRAFF_ROOT_DIR}/ispcp-vrl-traff &>{LOG_DIR}/ispcp-vrl-traff.log
15,45    *    *     *    *  root {TRAFF_ROOT_DIR}/ispcp-vrl-traff-correction &>{LOG_DIR}/ispcp-vrl-traff-correction.log

# customer logs
@daily root {TOOLS_ROOT_DIR}/ispcp-httpd-logs-mngr &>{LOG_DIR}/ispcp-httpd-logs-mngr.log

# Backup
@daily root {BACKUP_ROOT_DIR}/ispcp-backup-all yes &>{LOG_DIR}/ispcp-backup-all-mngr.log
@daily root {BACKUP_ROOT_DIR}/ispcp-backup-ispcp noreport &>{LOG_DIR}/ispcp-backup-ispcp-mngr.log

# Remove config backups older than seven days
@daily root find {CONF_DIR}/*/backup/* -maxdepth 0 -type f -mtime +7 -print | egrep '.*\.[0-9]+$' | xargs -r /bin/rm

# Remove Daemon Logs older than 14 days (except .gz files)
@daily root find {LOG_DIR}/* -maxdepth 1 -type f -mtime +14 -print | egrep '.*\.gz$' | xargs -r /bin/rm

# AWStats
{AW-ENABLED}15    */6    *    *    *    root {AWSTATS_ROOT_DIR}/awstats_updateall.pl now -awstatsprog={AWSTATS_ENGINE_DIR}/awstats.pl >/dev/null 2>&1

# Rootkit Hunter
{RK-ENABLED}0     */12    *    *    *    root {RKHUNTER}  --cronjob --createlogfile {RKHUNTER_LOG} >/dev/null 2>&1

# Chkrootkit
{CR-ENABLED}0     */12    *    *    *    root {CHKROOTKIT} &> {CHKROOTKIT_LOG}

# Look for and purge old sessions every 30 minutes
0,30 *     * * *     root   {TOOLS_ROOT_DIR}/ispcpphptemp.sh >/dev/null 2>&1

# [{DMN_NAME}] backup task START.
# [{DMN_NAME}] backup task END.

# [{DMN_NAME}]:{CRONJOB_ID} custom task START.
# [{DMN_NAME}]:{CRONJOB_ID} custom task END.

# [datashaman.com] AWStats static tasks START.
2 3  * * *   root perl /var/www/ispcp/engine/awstats/awstats_buildstaticpages.pl -config=datashaman.com -update -lang=en -awstatsprog=/usr/lib/cgi-bin/awstats.pl -dir=/var/www/virtual/datashaman.com/statistics/ >/dev/null 2>&1
# [datashaman.com] AWStats static tasks END.
# [whatchickendidnext.com] AWStats static tasks START.
3 3  * * *   root perl /var/www/ispcp/engine/awstats/awstats_buildstaticpages.pl -config=whatchickendidnext.com -update -lang=en -awstatsprog=/usr/lib/cgi-bin/awstats.pl -dir=/var/www/virtual/whatchickendidnext.com/statistics/ >/dev/null 2>&1
# [whatchickendidnext.com] AWStats static tasks END.
# [cocolure.co.za] AWStats static tasks START.
4 3  * * *   root perl /var/www/ispcp/engine/awstats/awstats_buildstaticpages.pl -config=cocolure.co.za -update -lang=en -awstatsprog=/usr/lib/cgi-bin/awstats.pl -dir=/var/www/virtual/cocolure.co.za/statistics/ >/dev/null 2>&1
# [cocolure.co.za] AWStats static tasks END.
# [kitchinc.co.za] AWStats static tasks START.
5 3  * * *   root perl /var/www/ispcp/engine/awstats/awstats_buildstaticpages.pl -config=kitchinc.co.za -update -lang=en -awstatsprog=/usr/lib/cgi-bin/awstats.pl -dir=/var/www/virtual/kitchinc.co.za/statistics/ >/dev/null 2>&1
# [kitchinc.co.za] AWStats static tasks END.
# [eppelsauce.com] AWStats static tasks START.
6 3  * * *   root perl /var/www/ispcp/engine/awstats/awstats_buildstaticpages.pl -config=eppelsauce.com -update -lang=en -awstatsprog=/usr/lib/cgi-bin/awstats.pl -dir=/var/www/virtual/eppelsauce.com/statistics/ >/dev/null 2>&1
# [eppelsauce.com] AWStats static tasks END.
# [quantumsauce.com] AWStats static tasks START.
7 3  * * *   root perl /var/www/ispcp/engine/awstats/awstats_buildstaticpages.pl -config=quantumsauce.com -update -lang=en -awstatsprog=/usr/lib/cgi-bin/awstats.pl -dir=/var/www/virtual/quantumsauce.com/statistics/ >/dev/null 2>&1
# [quantumsauce.com] AWStats static tasks END.
# [homevets.co.za] AWStats static tasks START.
8 3  * * *   root perl /var/www/ispcp/engine/awstats/awstats_buildstaticpages.pl -config=homevets.co.za -update -lang=en -awstatsprog=/usr/lib/cgi-bin/awstats.pl -dir=/var/www/virtual/homevets.co.za/statistics/ >/dev/null 2>&1
# [homevets.co.za] AWStats static tasks END.
# [{DMN_NAME}] AWStats static tasks START.
# [{DMN_NAME}] AWStats static tasks END.

# delayed tasks END.

(05-08-2009 10:32 PM)BeNe Wrote:  Can you please post your ispCP Cron ?

Oh, and I'm running Debian Lenny, so I assume that the cband scoreboards are going to be empty (mod_cband doesn't exist in Lenny).
Hmmm, I installed Splunk, which is quite awesome, and discovered this gem:

cron[11094]: Error: bad minute; while reading /etc/cron.d/ispcp

I'm trying to track down which one it is now, I'll update when I find something.
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2009 11:33 PM by datashaman.)
05-08-2009 10:48 PM
datashaman Offline

OK, I think I've somehow ended up with the template part cron file instead of the generated one. How do I get the system to regenerate that file?
That was it, I've copied bits from my previous backups and it's running fine again. I'd like to know more about how to regenerate that file though, cos I don't want it to happen again.

And if with all of the working files, should there be links to them from the real location?
Oh, and is there a way of generating the missing days' stats?
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2009 12:41 AM by datashaman.)
05-09-2009 12:19 AM
MasterTH Offline

i've the same issue, please help
05-10-2009 05:13 PM
MasterTH Offline

@datashaman

can you please write exactly what u did to get this thing running again. Maybe this could solve problems of other users.
05-11-2009 07:22 AM
BeNe Offline
Moderators

You can Copy the backup file /etc/ispcp/cron.d/backup/ispcp back to /etc/cron.d/

Greez BeNe
05-11-2009 04:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MasterTH Offline

i started a new topic already in the german corner.
What worked for me is to copy an old version of ispcp-srv-traff to the engine/traffic folder

after calling the script the statistic show me the right values. But not the values of the past days, but this is not problem for me
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2009 04:47 PM by MasterTH.)
05-11-2009 04:46 PM
datashaman Offline

(05-11-2009 07:22 AM)MasterTH Wrote:  @datashaman

can you please write exactly what u did to get this thing running again. Maybe this could solve problems of other users.

As BeNe has said, open a suitable backup file from /etc/ispcp/cron.d/backup/ispcp, and copy and paste the bits that are wrong back to /etc/cron.d/ispcp.
05-12-2009 05:57 PM
datashaman Offline

I now have another issue which has come up with stats.

My protocol stats on the server stats page are now being gathered, but I've noticed that the columns Other, and All, both in and out and total are all zero.

Where do I find the script which generates those totals?
05-14-2009 10:36 PM