Current time: 04-19-2024, 06:18 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Google Apps
noel Offline

Google Apps
Hi, I have a very small suggestion/request for those who prefer Google Apps for emails or any other non-local email server. Consider having a local postfix for some domains while some other domains use gmail.

For domains which will use Gmail won't need local email accounts and won't need email management trough ISPCP. For this I can go to ISPCP and change the domain setting, Mails to -1 (disabled). The Email management will disappear from ISPCP. So far so good, the email accounts are then configured via google. No problems to receive emails on gmail.

However there is a problem to send emails from my ISPCP server. Regardless if local Mails are enabled or disabled ISPCP will add the domain in /etc/postfix/domains. Hence, when postfix is trying to send emails it will find the domain in /etc/postfix/domains and thinks emails have to be a delivered locally. This is not what you want if you have an external server.

As a workaround, every time I disable emails in ISPCP, I have to edit /etc/postfix/domains by hand, remove or uncomment the domain, remap the file and restart postfix. I wish that ISPCP would remove the domain from this file if I disable mails.
11-19-2008 12:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BioALIEN Offline
Public Relations Officer
Dev Team

RE: Google Apps
Can you please elaborate on which file and what line? I believe I am having the same problem but I've never managed to pinpoint the cause.

For me, it seems to affect .EU domains. They never get delivered to Gmail where as any other extension delivers to Gmail fine.
11-20-2008 10:50 AM
ericliang Offline

RE: Google Apps
(11-20-2008 10:50 AM)BioALIEN Wrote:  Can you please elaborate on which file and what line?

I understand he's talking about /etc/postfix/ispcp/domains file that you must edit by hand and rehash, then restart postfix.

But from what I see in my installation (recent stable one - ispCP 1.0.2 OMEGA - build: 20090821) you need to edit also "aliases" and "mailboxes" (and rehash them also)

Those files have lines referencing the domain (or emails of the domain). I suggest you comment them out (add # in front - like

domain.com
becomes
# domain.com

Rehashing is something like:

cd /etc/postfix/ispcp/
postmap aliases
postmap domains
postmap mailboxes

and you check the date on the aliases.db, domain.db and mailboxes.db files.

I hope some developer adds this feature to the trunk - it's very much needed and it's easy to implement (me thinks).

Eric
09-04-2009 06:29 PM