Current time: 05-20-2024, 05:26 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ProFTP and TLS/SSL?
ledoktre Offline

ProFTP and TLS/SSL?
Hey guys,

I just installed ispCP a few days ago, and it is wickedly cool. I am struggling with two things however. For simplicity, I am going to keep them in separate emails. Please see additional post.

For this topic today, riddle me this, riddle me that. When using ProFTPd, wishing to enable as such :

<IfModule mod_tls.c>
TLSEngine on
TLSLog /var/log/proftpd/ftp_ssl.log
TLSRequired on
TLSProtocol SSLv23
TLSOptions NoCertRequest
TLSRSACertificateFile /path/to/server.crt
TLSRSACertificateKeyFile /path/to/server.key
TLSCACertificateFile /path/to/ca.crt
TLSVerifyClient off
</IfModule>

Am I missing a setting, or whats the deal? When I log into Filezilla FTP client using FTPES, it prompts me saying "The server's certificate is unknown. Please carefully examine the certificate to make sure the certificate can be trusted."

Before anyone says, Duh!! it will do that, bear in mind that this is a paid ssl certificate, I had registered one for the website, and I am using this so far with IMAP-SSL, POP3-SSL, and HTTPS on the control panel. I am planning to use it on SMTP as well, but thats in the next post.

Is this the expected behaviour for Filezilla (or any ftp client?), or do I have some wacked setting in my config above? My goal is to require SSL/TLS (hopefully SSL3 or TLS1 or TLS1_1) for customers, and not allow open communication.

Thanks,

Ledoktre
05-19-2009 02:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: ProFTP and TLS/SSL?
Does filezilla store it's own certificates? As it's multi-platform, I'm betting that it does. Moreover, probably it doesn't launch with your CA trusted by default and that's why you get this message. Search the filezilla docs on how to view/administer trusted CAs Smile
05-19-2009 03:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply