Current time: 04-18-2024, 10:04 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mailzu (maia replacement)
aseques Offline
Dev Team

Mailzu (maia replacement)
I've seen some people complaining of maia, I myself tried it and didn't like it that much. Some time ago I found a replacement, it was quite neat.
It was called Mailzu, it had a nice code base, and a friendly interface, the project is on:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mailzu
It is still used for lots of people, but since a couple of years it doesn't have support.
At some point appeared a fork selfcalled mailzu-ng http://trac.husku.net/mailzu-ng/ wich added white/black list support and some other stuff.
The fork is not very active.
Altough all this, anyone having trouble with maia shold have a look at it.
06-10-2009 12:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lschafroth Offline

RE: Mailzu (maia replacement)
(06-10-2009 12:47 AM)aseques Wrote:  The fork is not very active.
Altough all this, anyone having trouble with maia shold have a look at it.

I hate the fact that maia does not have a superspam feature where any spam over a certain threshold is just deleted. This is a MUST feature.

Lannie
06-12-2009 12:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aseques Offline
Dev Team

RE: Mailzu (maia replacement)
Well, in standard amavis, you have the spam_kill_level, from that score you then can specify the quarantine action (discard, forward to someone, etc ...), so it should be quite use to use it from there.

The thing I dislike the most from maia, is the need to use a special version of amavis, while the new version is more popular and more developed, for example things like DKIM or scanning with CRM114 are quite new and I doubt that are already ported to maia.
06-12-2009 06:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply