Current time: 05-01-2024, 05:18 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Default Name Servers
cyphunk Offline

Default Name Servers
Hi,

Was just wondering the following scenario:

I am in the process of setting up a second box and have IspCP up and running beautifully thanks to the move to Debian... install went smoothly.

The first server is called server1.domain.tld and is setup using DirectAdmin with nameservers ns1.domain.tld and ns2.domain.tld and is running fine.

I am installing a second box in order to split hosting offerings between the two servers as and when I want to. I also want to split different resellers onto different CP offerings. Some people find DirectAdmin too envolved (don't know how) and I kind of like IspCP and am thinking of migrating both servers to it eventually.

Second box has been setup as server2.domain.tld with the additional IP addresses on the box being used as ns3.domain.tld and ns4.domain.tld.
When I add a new user account to the IspCP installation (e.g. newdomain.tld) the zone file automatically specifies the NS entries as ns1.newdomain.tld and ns2.newdomain.tld when I want it to specify them as ns3.domain.tld and ns4.domain.tld (My server's primary Name Servers)

I went to manually configure these in the zone file and then went to register the domain with Uniforum (we primarily sell .co.za domain names - being in South Africa - and upon registration the process failed as the original name servers were reflecting and obviously were invalid)

I found later that the zone files are replicated from /etc/ispcp/bind/working to /var/cache/named as well... so this answers question number 1 of mine.

My Question, finally, is how do I set the new domain name template so that I can specify which domain name servers are specified, by default, on new domain names created by IspCP.

Thanks,

Chris
06-15-2009 08:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply