Current time: 04-25-2024, 02:03 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[COMMERCIAL] - WHMCS Module for ISPCP released
gOOvER Offline
Banned

RE: WHMCS Module for ISPCP released
Sorry, but for a little Module so much Money? Did you pay for ispCP??? Wink
09-09-2009 12:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
DiXeoN Offline

(09-09-2009 12:34 PM)gOOvER Wrote:  Sorry, but for a little Module so much Money? Did you pay for ispCP??? Wink

Im with gOOvER here.

All the other enhancements are free - so why not this one?

I know that it has taken a hell lot of time developing it - But it was developed for something free Smile
09-09-2009 06:05 PM
Find all posts by this user
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

(09-09-2009 06:05 PM)DiXeoN Wrote:  
(09-09-2009 12:34 PM)gOOvER Wrote:  Sorry, but for a little Module so much Money? Did you pay for ispCP??? Wink

Im with gOOvER here.

I'm not. Ispcp is (mostly) GPL'ed, and thus anyone can create an extension, modify it, or whatever. This includes selling both customizations and other supporting software. It's ok.

By the way WolFree, keep in mind that if you've modified any part of the panel to make this work, you're enforced to give the modified sources to anyone who buys your product.
09-10-2009 12:17 AM
MicCo Offline
Moderators

@WolFree
- and you have to do the support for the extension, not the job for the user of this forum as it's for ispCP support. FREE OPEN SOFTWARE.
10-03-2009 08:26 PM
caus909 Offline

RE: [COMMERCIAL] - WHMCS Module for ISPCP released
Pay for a module? is this a joke?
10-17-2009 02:26 AM
alex Offline

I'm not quite comfortable with paying to use a -module- for a Open Source Control Panel... That kinda defeats the purpose. But, after waiting for the "soon to come" billing system and integration from that other dude in the enhancements, I got tired, actually bought this module and integrated it with my billing system. Only "bug" I can see is that it sets the domain as user ispcp, while it's posted as something else in WHMCS. I'll try contacting them about it, and see if we can fix it - if they do, I'll probably keep it (even tho 5Euro each month for a module is a bit tragic to charge)...

And as for lifetime license... 99 Euro? That's being rude. Nearly as much as a lifetime license for WHMCS, and the module is definately NOT a "shitload of code". Also concidering you could go for like 20 months on a month-to-month basis, for the price of it... Chances are you've developed one yourself which you can configure the way you want in that time! It can't be that hard to code against the IspCP API (although I haven't really studied that path much just yet).

But to answer the last post, definately not a joke - they're dead serious on making you pay for it... :-)

Maybe the author would do a few thinking sessions and concider supporting instead of enjoying this free software for their business AND charging for their contribution in return.

Just my 2's (or €5 if you will...)
10-17-2009 02:59 PM
caus909 Offline

I agree with alex, but me I'll never pay for this module, i chose ispcp because it's an open-source solution...
10-19-2009 04:31 AM
MicCo Offline
Moderators

My opinion is that it's rude to charge any fee at all, for an plugin used for an free open source application as the team have made all for free, and that they propaly use the ispCP them self, without paying an dime at all for that.
The right thing to do, will be to give it for free, as an kind of thanks to the rest of the team for the great ispCP, and the users of it.

Thats, just my 50 cent Cool
10-22-2009 09:35 AM
alex Offline

(10-22-2009 09:35 AM)MicCo Wrote:  My opinion is that it's rude to charge any fee at all, for an plugin used for an free open source application as the team have made all for free, and that they propaly use the ispCP them self, without paying an dime at all for that.
The right thing to do, will be to give it for free, as an kind of thanks to the rest of the team for the great ispCP, and the users of it.

Thats, just my 50 cent Cool

I might put one of my coders to try create a module which I will send to Matt at WHMCS for integration. Lets see if it can be done pretty easily.
10-22-2009 04:20 PM
anarking Offline

this is sad to me because in ticket #2045 WeBBeR said "We need to add some field in ispCP database like "Date when the domain status will be set to off" and may be the field "Date when received payment for domain". Please add this too. When it's be ready the Billing be ready too."

But he was told no way it didn't fit in the timeline. A couple database table adds and we would all have an installable billing system for FREE by a generous community member. Did this not warrant a priority? For the daily? Didn't need to integrate the entire system, just help him make the table changes that would make it work! I would if I could... just maybe don't get tunnel-vision when developing about what can actually make an immediate difference. Thank you for all your work.
11-18-2009 02:35 PM
Thread Closed