Current time: 04-19-2024, 06:24 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Spamassassin ClamAV Amavis Greylisting etc
ekeis98 Offline

Spamassassin ClamAV Amavis Greylisting etc
Hi,

I installed Spamassassin ClamAV etc according the Howto.

What I dont know is:
- How can I train the Spamfilter?
- Is there any special Folder for Spam/Virus which can be checked whether there is a wanted mail? I dont see any...

Delay of emails:
- I thought my configuration doesnt work. But in fact it was probably the greylisting. The emails came in after lets say 15-30 min. Where can I deactivate it? Maybe the greylisting isnt the reason for the delay? Which logfile can I check to see where my mails stuck? Ofcourse I check /var/log/mail.*

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Oliver.
07-11-2009 06:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: Spamassassin ClamAV Amavis Greylisting etc
Quote:- How can I train the Spamfilter?
su amavis -c 'sa-learn --{ham,spam} /path/to/file/or/folder'

Quote:- Is there any special Folder for Spam/Virus which can be checked whether there is a wanted mail? I dont see any...
If you've set up before-queue spam checking, spam mails are rejected by your web server and the sending user should receive a Delivery Failure Notification. If you've set up after-queue spam filtering, quarantined mails should be in /var/lib/amavis/virusmails (or /var/lib/amavis/something)

Quote:- I thought my configuration doesnt work. But in fact it was probably the greylisting. The emails came in after lets say 15-30 min. Where can I deactivate it? Maybe the greylisting isnt the reason for the delay? Which logfile can I check to see where my mails stuck? Ofcourse I check /var/log/mail.*
You're right, this seems to be a greylisting issue. Therefore, if you "grep postgrey /var/log/mail.log" some entries stating delayed mails should show up.

To disable it, comment the "check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:60000," line in your /etc/postfix/main.cf file, and stop/remove the postgrey daemon:
Code:
/etc/init.d/postgrey stop
update-rc.d -f postgrey remove

Done! To re-enable, uncomment the same line, start the server and re-add it as a default service using update-rc.d
07-11-2009 07:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ekeis98 Offline

Thanks for your reply.

What I meant with 'folder' is an email folder which can be checked by the email recipient. So the recipient could be able to train the spamfilter by clicking spam/no-spam or something like that. Minimum requirement should be to watch the folder an to copy a non-spam email to the inbox for example. Is this configuration possible and how?

Regards
Oliver.
07-11-2009 05:47 PM
ekeis98 Offline

Found out that Maia Mailguard (http://www.maiamailguard.com/) seem to be my solution. I'll check it out...

So, actually my server seems to run fine. But i got some annoying prob. My server, not really my server, but one email account on my server, will continuously not accept any emails from a certain domain and i dont know where start tracking this misconfiguration.

The situation:
EmailA and EmailB are accounts on my server. EmailX is the account with is accepted by EmailA, but not accepted by EmailB.
* Sending EmailX to EmailA can be watched with 'tail -f /var/log/mail.info'. You can see that it is first greylisted and after that accepted (I'm still wondering why it is greylisted everytime. I thought that emailaddress would be put in some kind of whitelist after it was sent for the first time and accepted...anyway.)
* Sending EmailX to EmailB cant be watched nowhere. You dont see any reaction in any logfile.

Where can i look for my misconfiguration?

Any help really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Oliver.
07-12-2009 02:00 AM
ekeis98 Offline

The last problem 'not recving emails from a certain domain' was caused by something between the ears of the admin Rolleyes . So this here is solved.

Thanks.

Regards
Oliver
07-13-2009 02:31 AM
sakal Offline

Did you get any working solution for your idea ?
I also looking for something similar.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards
sakal

(07-11-2009 05:47 PM)ekeis98 Wrote:  What I meant with 'folder' is an email folder which can be checked by the email recipient. So the recipient could be able to train the spamfilter by clicking spam/no-spam or something like that. Minimum requirement should be to watch the folder an to copy a non-spam email to the inbox for example. Is this configuration possible and how?

Oliver.
04-19-2010 03:47 AM
ekeis98 Offline

I've chosen the MAIA Mailguard (see above) and im very satisfied with it. Check it out, it works fine.

Best regards,
Oliver
04-23-2010 07:22 PM