Current time: 04-25-2024, 08:38 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Question about next stable
tronix Offline

Question about next stable
If anybody know when is planned the next stable ispCP please message me. And I want to ask how stable nightly? What's better to use? Can I upgrade from 1.0.0 to next stable, from nightly to next stable after it released? Thanks.
07-11-2009 11:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tronix Offline

RE: Question about next stable
ispCP 1.0.1 stable
When?
07-20-2009 06:00 PM
xister Offline
Beta Team

It´s open source and it´s done when it´s done Smile
07-20-2009 06:37 PM
lschafroth Offline

(07-20-2009 06:37 PM)xister Wrote:  It´s open source and it´s done when it´s done Smile

Its been held up by the same 14 tickets for 2 months now. Can we release it without those features? Add them later? They dont appear to be too much of an impact on the system and we could take advantage of the changes in 1.0.1 sooner.

Lannie
07-21-2009 01:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeNe Offline
Moderators

We have not enough Developers - this is the main Problem!
So it make no sense to me to release a untested Version for stable.
Also we need to add more features and make some things better.

Greez BeNe
07-27-2009 10:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thibotus01 Offline

ISPCP could be a very good powerfull panel admin, but it's very too long to release new versions... with bug fixes, enhancement, security fixes.... :/

and the documentation is so out of date :/
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2009 02:33 AM by thibotus01.)
08-03-2009 02:31 AM
Nuxwin
Unregistered

Exclamation RE: Question about next stable
If you are not happy, that you have to look elsewhere!

ispcCP is open source software that must run on multiple distributions, and allows to manage multiples services .... The development is long. It is not just a library !
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2009 05:45 PM by Zothos.)
08-03-2009 05:56 AM
Quote this message in a reply
MasterTH Offline

its free, you shouldn't forget about this. i'm not sure if you donated this programm, but i really now that u are earning money with this. u can argument the way u did when ure using a commercial program not an opensource
08-03-2009 02:29 PM
thibotus01 Offline

It's easy to say... The fact that is an opensource, we can't say anything about the developpement time? If you go that way, I don't how many people would like to use ISPCP.

The number and rapidity of updates, (and also the size of the community) are very important points when someone has to choose his admin panel.
So if you start to say : "it's an opensource so we take time, and don't bother how many times it takes to developp this." You won't get many downloads, usages, and feedbacks about your project.

The first thing I look, it's the last update of the project. And ISPCP 1.0.0 was just released, I thought it should be a good project, also when i saw the timeline and the new features programmed. If you choose to publish a timeline, you have to respect it a minimum. Otherwise some people who starts to use ISPCP will become a little angry Sad

Why angry? Beceause, if you would like to swap to another panel, it's not easy to transfer all your data from one to another diffent one. that's why I stay on ISPCP, and i'm now a little blocked. And I hope everyday about a new release...
08-03-2009 05:15 PM
TheInanimate Offline

(08-03-2009 05:15 PM)thibotus01 Wrote:  It's easy to say... The fact that is an opensource, we can't say anything about the developpement time? If you go that way, I don't how many people would like to use ISPCP.

The number and rapidity of updates, (and also the size of the community) are very important points when someone has to choose his admin panel.
So if you start to say : "it's an opensource so we take time, and don't bother how many times it takes to developp this." You won't get many downloads, usages, and feedbacks about your project.

The first thing I look, it's the last update of the project. And ISPCP 1.0.0 was just released, I thought it should be a good project, also when i saw the timeline and the new features programmed. If you choose to publish a timeline, you have to respect it a minimum. Otherwise some people who starts to use ISPCP will become a little angry Sad

Why angry? Beceause, if you would like to swap to another panel, it's not easy to transfer all your data from one to another diffent one. that's why I stay on ISPCP, and i'm now a little blocked. And I hope everyday about a new release...

I understand how you feel. The roadmap included a deadline (I think) and now it has whizzed by, but at the same time, the rate of development has really been quite fast for a project so big. Some of the features can already be implemented for individual clients if you search online, eg. ssl on apache is something I found quite easy. I do not know your needs/skills but perhaps this sort of thing could help you in the interim. Hopefully 1.0.1 isn't far away.Smile
08-03-2009 07:18 PM