Current time: 05-02-2024, 07:10 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

high load php-cgi?
shico Offline

Sad high load php-cgi?
hi,
i have centos 5.3 server with ispcp ,
the server is very slow ,2.75 GB memory used (have 4 GB total)..
when i am using the command top in centos i see a lot of php-cgi services running and a lot httpd services too...
more about installation ispcp the dns is not working and the incoming email...
i had a lot of problem installing the ispcp (proftpd,and smtp) but i manage to fix them,but the memory is out of my hand and so the dns and incoming emails.
i check and reviewed the msgs here on the forum and at google but i didnt found any help...

p.s.
i am a newbie at centos... and i need help if possible
07-13-2009 12:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

RE: high load php-cgi?
hm - also centos is linux:
so until *all* your mem is used theres no problem. Be happy that you did not invest in unused memory.

I don't think mail or bind is not running because of to less mem - have a look at the log files.

/J
07-13-2009 07:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
shico Offline

all my memory is being used about 2 weeks running server without restart...
why there are many php-cgi services running at the same time(and httpd-apache)..?
they never ran before....and i need to fix it...it doesn't belong to low memory...
07-13-2009 05:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

php run as fastcgi or fcgid is different (php scripts run with user privileges) than running php with the apache user.
In the latter (and old fashioned) case you don't have that much php processes alive.

I'd say: as long as there is no message about low memory - everything is ok!

/J

PS: if a php process hangs then this may be a case where you want to kill this special php process.

You see them if you stop apache - the remaining php processes normally are free to be shot... :-)
07-14-2009 06:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply