Current time: 04-30-2024, 03:06 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Problem with homepage / index
weaselball Offline

Problem with homepage / index
We're evaluating ispcp for possible use in our organization and have a problem we'd like some help with.

We're running Ubuntu 8.10 with ispcp stable. The installation went fine, with no errors. Everything is running perfectly. However, when we add a domain, no matter what content is uploaded to domain/htdocs, we are only seeing the ispcp login page.

Is there a quick and easy explanation for this?
07-17-2009 05:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: Problem with homepage / index
Check the generated apache config and confirm that you're connecting using a correct hostname/ip combination. It may also help if you can tell us:

1. Which IP did you specify during installation?
2. Is the domain real and the nameservers setup to this server?
3. Are you behind a NAT router and trying to connect from outside?

I think this will cover most possible problems....
07-17-2009 05:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
weaselball Offline

1. During install I specified the internal IP of the host.
2. Yes, and I get good resolution for the domain to the DNS servers. It resolved to the IP I assigned it in the control panel just fine.
3. I am behind a NAT layer and connecting from outside.

I just took a look at the conf file in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled and it looks pretty much like i'd expect it to, although the VirtualHost directive is pointing to the WAN IP, which I suspect may be causing issues with the nature of setup IP/NAT.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2009 06:17 AM by weaselball.)
07-17-2009 06:10 AM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Ispcp is not supported under a NAT setup, because this would require serving different IP's as DNS (external ones) than those used in apache's configuration (internal ip's). Thus, I'm afraid that your only options are:

1. Perform the testing from the local LAN only (and setting everything to internal IP's). If you go production on non-NAT'ed boxes, there should be no problems.
2. Create an IP replacement script that changes all the external ip occurrencies by internal ones in the /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ispcp.conf file. Thereafter, make it run before (re)starting the server (modify /etc/init.d/apache2), and your problems should be gone.
07-17-2009 07:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
weaselball Offline

There's nothing in the world that could convince me to put this box facing the wan, so I'll go the script route. Thanks for your input.
07-17-2009 12:08 PM