Current time: 05-03-2024, 03:03 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Strange Problem With ispcp.conf
grg Offline

RE: Strange Problem With ispcp.conf
Sorry i had a doubt:

must i put the clean template on /etc/ispcp/apache/working ?

Because as the command pasted above says, i'm working on /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ispcp.conf
Ok, some news:

stop the daemon, launch this query:

Code:
USE sys;

UPDATE `domain` SET `domain_status` = 'change' WHERE `domain_status` = 'ok';
UPDATE `subdomain` SET `subdomain_status` = 'change' WHERE `subdomain_status` = 'ok';

Then:

Code:
rm /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ispcp.conf
rm /etc/ispcp/apache/working/ispcp.conf

And:

Code:
cat /etc/ispcp/apache/parts/ispcp_base.tpl > /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ispcp.conf
cat /etc/ispcp/apache/parts/ispcp_base.tpl > /etc/ispcp/apache/working/ispcp.conf

(using cat and not cp to prevent any type of chmod issues)

Then:

Code:
/var/www/ispcp/engine/ispcp-rqst-mngr

Ok after this process i get a /etc/ispcp/apache/working/ispcp.conf fully populated. The file /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ispcp.conf is not modified.

The situation is the same if i add a subdomain. The ispcp.conf in working directory is populated, the one in sites-enabled not.

I can fix with:

rm /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ispcp.conf
cat /etc/ispcp/apache/working/ispcp.conf > /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ispcp.conf

But it would be interesting to discover why ispcp has stopped using this file.

I'll also try to regenerate ALL config files to see if the problem of the double lines persist.
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2009 12:08 AM by grg.)
07-29-2009 11:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

hm, so the point is: the engine does not write the ispcp.conf in the apache config.

Hey - did you notice there is a ispcp.conf in "/etc/apache2/sites-available" - this one should be changed.

And - the clou - the other one is a symlink to this... :-)

/J
07-30-2009 07:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
grg Offline

Mmm ok, but the real file is the one in working directory or sites-available?

Because i've checked all other working directories (other daemons) but they're all copies of real files loaded by the daemons. Any symlink.

That's the strangest problem i've ever had O_O.
07-30-2009 05:24 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

ispcp always takes the working copy for next changes - but when saving it always writes the same file to sites-available.

So - if you do manual changes, do it on both or at least working copy (and with the next change in this part - its in the system).

IMHO only apache uses this symlink thing "available"->"enabled" (I think it's because of the apache way on debian, suse did it otherwise)....

/J
07-30-2009 10:55 PM
grg Offline

Ok, so the simlynk isn't between /etc/ispcp/apache/working/ispcp.conf and /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ispcp.conf but between /etc/apache2/sites-available/ispcp.conf and /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ispcp.conf.

And ispcp when modifying something copy the file /etc/ispcp/apache/working/ispcp.conf into /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ispcp.conf.

So just need to run a2ensite ispcp.conf.
07-30-2009 11:34 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

yep :-)
07-30-2009 11:42 PM