Current time: 05-06-2024, 11:45 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

how to connect to the website of client via IP address?
zeldavn Offline

how to connect to the website of client via IP address?
when we add a new user with a new domain. We can connect to the website of the user via the domain. However, if they don't have the domain yet and they want to use the IP instead. Where is their main page if they want to view the index?
For example, in cpanel we can connect to the client's website through http://123.456.789.123/~username/. How about ISPCP?
07-22-2009 05:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: how to connect to the website of client via IP address?
The easiest way: modify your (the one from your CLIENT machine) hosts file and put the domain there resolving to the server's IP.

The hard alternative: see this thread, where someone asked the same as you...
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2009 09:00 PM by kilburn.)
07-22-2009 08:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
zeldavn Offline

NO, what I want is connect to the index of the website via IP. Now if I connect via the IP server, if connects to the login ISPCP control panel. I want to connect to the website of clients not the login ISPCP
07-22-2009 11:06 PM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

You can NOT. Each website runs under its own REAL user, so the master/default virtual host (the panel) has NO WAY to access the client's website files.

Your only option is the one I explained on the above linked thread, where you'll be creating ServerAliases for the websites VirtualHost under a wildcard dns record (domain.name.admin.yourdomain.com).
07-22-2009 11:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
zeldavn Offline

ok, one more question. How can I view the website of the client. I mean view, not access their file. for example, example.com to view but they didn't active the domain yet? how can I view their website?
07-23-2009 03:40 AM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

Hi zeldavn

you are asking three times the same question.

either you setup your client pc (where your browser is) so it knows whats the IP of the domain example.com or you setup ispcp to always add a special WebAlias like "example.com.yourdomain.com" or vu2004.yourdomain.com - it has been discussed in the forum several times.

Theres no domain/~user because of the permission/owner settings.

/J
07-23-2009 08:45 PM