Current time: 05-08-2024, 06:37 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

PROFtp Issue
auskento Offline

PROFtp Issue
Proftp is running, but no authentication is occurring.

After looking at the proftp thread, indicating the issue i was experiencing, I have been able to determine that there is actually no user created on my system called vftp.

Can I just create this user? and if so, what permissions / groups should i put the account in to rectify this?

Also, i've just been looking at the config through PMA, and get the following after log in.
Code:
Connection for controluser as defined in your configuration failed.

Well, I installed webmin and checked some other databases

Found the PMA and vftp users in there, and reset the passwords based on what was in the conf files for them.

Issues seem to be gone now.

(08-01-2009 07:02 PM)auskento Wrote:  Proftp is running, but no authentication is occurring.

After looking at the proftp thread, indicating the issue i was experiencing, I have been able to determine that there is actually no user created on my system called vftp.

Can I just create this user? and if so, what permissions / groups should i put the account in to rectify this?

Also, i've just been looking at the config through PMA, and get the following after log in.
Code:
Connection for controluser as defined in your configuration failed.
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2009 07:38 PM by auskento.)
08-01-2009 07:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MasterTH Offline

RE: PROFtp Issue
take a look in the proftpd.conf if theres an include of the ispcp.conf in /etc/proftpd/ this should be in there.
you can also check if the mysql plugin for proftpd is enabled. The password for the vftp user is also in the proftpd.conf check it there. Try to connect with the same password which is used in the proftpd.conf
08-02-2009 04:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply