Current time: 04-20-2024, 02:38 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mount point already in use - when adding subdomains
2xmy Offline

Mount point already in use - when adding subdomains
I don't understand, that it should not be possible to point several subdomains to the same mount point. I already do this with domain alias'es without problems.

I use the following version
ispCP 1.0.0 OMEGA
build: 20090225

I get the error, when I add a subdomain and choose "/" as my "Directory tree mount point".

I can see that others have had the same problem, but they did not receive an solution:
http://www.isp-control.net/forum/thread-7079.html

Btw: If any of you are good at ispCP and offer paid help with ispCP, then please send me a PM.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2009 06:19 AM by 2xmy.)
08-11-2009 06:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
2xmy Offline

RE: Mount point already in use - when adding subdomains
People are viewing this thread, but not responding. Am I the only one with this problem? Or is the userbase just to small to make ispCP a good alternative?
08-13-2009 07:42 AM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Quote:People are viewing this thread, but not responding. Am I the only one with this problem?
Probably not, as you found other people with the same issue.

Quote:Or is the userbase just to small to make ispCP a good alternative?
Maybe, or maybe we are just busy with our own things (and we're on holidays).

Now to your problem: this ticket explains why this is not allowed.
08-13-2009 04:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
2xmy Offline

Thank you very much for the answer. I need to mount in the same directory to get my system to work - which is no problem with domain aliases, but not with subdomains. Even after having read your link I think that is a bit strange?

If I manually go around it, the only problem will be, that the FTP-server might stop?

I can see that there are almost more activity in the german category than in all the other categories put together, so it might help to get my question translated.
08-13-2009 04:34 PM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

The problem is that subdomains create their own directory structure and set up services to do so. Therefore, if two subdomains are pointed to the same mount point, strange things will happen (at least in proftpd, but there may be others, like the backup script, statistics, etc.).

What I did once to solve this problem was to mount them on different mount points (/sub1 and /sub2). After that, login through ssh, remove the /sub2/htdocs folder and create a symlink /sub2/htdocs -> /sub1/htdocs. Done Smile
08-13-2009 05:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply