Current time: 04-23-2024, 11:38 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Update Squirrelmail
hausdrachen Offline

Update Squirrelmail
Hello,

I'm a little bit confused about the security announcement for squirrel mail. Not about the announcement, but the minor informations how to install the update.

I have Omega release 1.0.0 installed on Debian Etch and I can't find the installed squirrel mail package. Neither in /var/lib, nor in /var/www/ispcp folder. Is it possible that it is not installed?

If it is necessary to install in any case, how can I backup the old installation and install the update?
There is a readme available in the update package, but without references to an ispcp upgrade.

BR
08-18-2009 08:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RatS Offline
Project Leader

RE: Update Squirrelmail
Sorry for the short news. please check here:
http://www.isp-control.net/forum/thread-...l#pid59053
08-18-2009 08:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tino Offline

the update works fine, but ..

after the update shows this error message when I pick up e-mail messages on foreign POP3 servers:
Code:
Ups, POP3 connect: Fehler [+OK POP3 PROXY server ready (Bluewin 8.0.022)]
I've this on different POP3 accounts ..
08-18-2009 05:17 PM
hausdrachen Offline

Thank you very much!

There is a Typo in you howto.

Code:
# wget https://sourceforge.net/projects/ispcp/files/ispCP%20Omega/ispCP%20Omega%201.0.0/ispcp-squirrelmail-1.4.20rc1.tar.gz/download
# tar -xzf ispcp-squirrelmail-1.4.20rc.tar.gz

You download the file ispcp-squirrelmail-1.4.20rc1.tar.gz but extract ispcp-squirrelmail-1.4.20rc.tar.gz. The 1 of the rc is missing.

Thanks again!

BR
08-18-2009 05:19 PM
RatS Offline
Project Leader

I fixed the typo. Thank you!

Regarding this error:
(08-18-2009 05:17 PM)tino Wrote:  after the update shows this error message when I pick up e-mail messages on foreign POP3 servers:
Code:
Ups, POP3 connect: Fehler [+OK POP3 PROXY server ready (Bluewin 8.0.022)]

I really don't know. Because the POP3-Plugin has not changed as far as I remember.
08-18-2009 06:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dabvhcs Offline

Thanks Rats for the updated packages.

About the howto : http://www.isp-control.net/forum/thread-...9053.html, if you want to preserve the user's preferences, don't forget to copy files in current webmail installation "/webmail/data/" to the same directory on the new one.

I saw that ispCP skinned pma, Squirrelmail and net2ftp versions are frequently updated on the SVN, and this is great as it allows to update them on production servers when security vulnerabilities are fixed without losing the skins.

So I used to download them from SVN ans install them on production servers, but this is easier when the packages are build.

So it could be very great to frequently build ispCP packages for pma, Squirrelmail and net2ftp on SourceForge as it has been done for this alert on Squirrelmail, as it will be easier to install last versions. This is work, so it's just an idea Smile
08-18-2009 07:31 PM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Quote:About the howto : http://www.isp-control.net/forum/thread-...9053.html, if you want to preserve the user's preferences, don't forget to copy files in current webmail installation "/webmail/data/" to the same directory on the new one.

You really want to preserve your users' preferences, so do this. Also make sure that the "data" folder and all it's files are user-writable (after updating my server they weren't writable, I don't know if it was because I made a mistake when copying/moving them or because the set_gui_permissions script changed them).
08-18-2009 07:58 PM