Current time: 05-01-2024, 08:00 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SSL for Single Domain
viperiii Offline

SSL for Single Domain
Unfortunately the search for SSL is a bit difficult being it is under 4 characters..

I want to implement a self signed cert and accept ssl for a single domain I'm hosting... also want the ability if I choose to add ssl to other domains as well if I choose...

Don't really care if the main domain and administration is ssl at this time primarily... just the client domain that is being hosted...

Need to test some membership subscription scripts and this is causing me not to be able to test it fully... grrr...
Not ISP-CP fault but Don't need yet another hosting server.
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2009 05:37 AM by viperiii.)
08-31-2009 05:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: SSL for Single Domain
For now you'll have to setup apache manually. We (sci2tech) is working on implementing full SSL support as you define it, so the feature should be in trunk soon, and on the next major stable release...
08-31-2009 07:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
viperiii Offline

humm.... what would be a manual way to make it work... really gets messy with the isp-con settings in the virtual domains...
08-31-2009 10:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

The manual way implies copying the virtualhost you want ssl-enabled to a new /etc/apache/sites-available/ssl.conf (for example). Thereafter, replace the ":80" by ":443", create the keys, add the corresponding SSL directives, and enable the new configuration through "a2ensite ssl.conf".
08-31-2009 04:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply