Current time: 04-19-2024, 02:18 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Backup issue
coper Offline

Backup issue
Hello, I need a little help with this backup issue please.

When backup runs the three values of server load average goes too hi (over 150), the domains don't work and I can't connect to the server by ssh until backup ends.

The problem it isn't in this part of the backup because I moved the schedule to 5:05 am and this happens at midnight

# Backup
5 5 * * * root /var/www/ispcp/engine/backup/ispcp-backup-all yes &>/var/log/ispcp/ispcp-backup-all-mngr.log
5 5 * * * root /var/www/ispcp/engine/backup/ispcp-backup-ispcp noreport &>/var/log/ispcp/ispcp-backup-ispcp-mngr.log

I attached to this post my ispcp backup script inside /etc/ispcp/cron.d/backup/

After this problem I can see this lines inside the ispcp-backup-all-mngr.log file:
Code:
mysqldump: Got error: 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query when using LOCK TABLES
Can't use string ("") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use at /var/www/ispcp/engine/backup/ispcp-backup-all line 324.

I appreciate any help to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Regards.

Attached File(s)
.txt  backup.txt (Size: 2.04 KB / Downloads: 9)
09-17-2009 03:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

RE: Backup issue
Have a look in the log files what is running at midnight... - it seems that the re is still something running at midnight.

I recommend not to run both backup scripts at the same time!

I also recommend to choose gzip (not bzip2) as compression (see /etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf)

Further: it seems there's something in the code - but since we don't know which release you use - it's hard to help.

/J
09-17-2009 06:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
coper Offline

RE: Backup issue
I'm using the first stable release 1.0.0 build 20090225(it's in my siganture)
The two backups at 5:05 am don't run because one of the processes running at midnight has an error and left the lock file in tmp folder, so later the files backup don't run.
09-18-2009 01:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply