Current time: 05-06-2024, 06:14 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

LDAP status?
Shdwdrgn Offline

LDAP status?
Hi all, I'm new here so please forgive me if this has already been covered a hundred times, but I didn't have much luck finding anything other than a wishlist in the forums...

So has ANY work been done in trying to get ispcp to work with LDAP? I really like what I've seen in ispcp, how it works and what features it has by default, but LDAP support seems to be very scarce among control panels. At this point I figure my best bet is to stick with a CP that is closest to what I want, and code up the rest myself. What I am really looking for right now is to integrate LDAP support for the email user accounts.

If anyone has info to get me started -- examples of other work done, tips on what parts of the ispcp code would need changed to handle LDAP lookups, previous discussions on how such integration might be done; anything at all -- I would appreciate the pointers to get me kicked in the right direction.
10-24-2009 03:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: LDAP status?
If you just want postfix to be able to receive mails for users setup at an LDAP directory, it's just a matter of adjusting it's configuration (there are multiple postfix+ldap howtos out there).

Now, if you want ispcp to be able to create those users and store them inside ldap, this is going to be harder. Basically, you should adjust the postfix configuration (as in the previous case), and also modify the "engine/ispcp-mbox-mngr" so that it creates/edits/removes users from the ldap directory instead of using sasl...
10-26-2009 10:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shdwdrgn Offline

RE: LDAP status?
Thanks for the info... My system is already configured to read all logins (console/ssh/ftp/email) from the existing LDAP directory on my network, and that there is part of the consideration. My LDAP config is already fixed, so I have to adapt the CP to work with my setup. So I'll be looking into that folder and see what I can do to get it to initially read the existing user base, and later to modify the directory.

Any other tips towards this, or pointers to existing examples, are still much appreciated.
10-27-2009 12:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply