Current time: 04-25-2024, 12:14 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

PostgreeSql and WebMail
paladino Offline

PostgreeSql and WebMail
i would like to suggest to integrates postgreesql and pgmyadmin with ispcp!

and to analyze the possibility to substitute the webmail for roundcube. i think its better, use imap and developed under php/ajax Smile

sorry, my english is not good...
06-20-2007 08:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
raphael Offline

RE: PostgreeSql and WebMail
Quote:i would like to suggest to integrates postgreesql and pgmyadmin with ispcp!
the GUI is currently able to work with postgresql, but the backend doesn't.

And about the webmail... somebody already suggested roundcube, but AFAIK there are no plans on adding new stuff like that for version 1.0.0
06-20-2007 10:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

Maybe paladino thought about not running the ispcp database on postgresql but to enable the handling of pg databases for ispcp users...
But nevertheless this won't be made before 1.0...

[Update]: there's a wishlist.... :-)
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2007 05:26 PM by joximu.)
06-20-2007 05:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
blocker Offline

paladino Wrote:i would like to suggest to integrates postgreesql and pgmyadmin with ispcp!

and to analyze the possibility to substitute the webmail for roundcube. i think its better, use imap and developed under php/ajax Smile

sorry, my english is not good...

you can substitute webmail for roundcube, just copy it to dir gui/tools/webmail ( after rename the original to other name ) use patch from roundcube forum so your ispcp user can change their own email address ( right know, the original webmail can;t change their user email password )
06-20-2007 08:47 PM
paladino Offline

joximu Wrote:Maybe paladino thought about not running the ispcp database on postgresql but to enable the handling of pg databases for ispcp users...
But nevertheless this won't be made before 1.0...

[Update]: there's a wishlist.... :-)

yes, whoud be possible to offer the two databases for the customers...

blocker Wrote:you can substitute webmail for roundcube, just copy it to dir gui/tools/webmail ( after rename the original to other name ) use patch from roundcube forum so your ispcp user can change their own email address ( right know, the original webmail can;t change their user email password )

I know that is easy to substitute, but i think roundcube could be standard
06-20-2007 09:53 PM
MicCo Offline
Moderators

paladino Wrote:I know that is easy to substitute, but i think roundcube could be standard

Please search the forum for this topic, as it have been up.

And you will find the aswer to why we ain't want to use the RoundCube, an nice GUI, but we have our own, and SquirrelMail are better supported, both as code and with plugins.

And the subject of users can change password via webmail cp are also on our list, I think Malte allready have his hand on that.
06-23-2007 06:44 AM
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

And the Squirrelmail we use has excellent support for imap in it Wink

And for me (i got huge mailboxes) squirrel is much faster than roundcube on the same server ( i tested both ).

Atm i see only "optical" things that may lead to a decision against squirrel.
Compared with the old Uebimiau Webmail it is an enourmous jump Wink
06-23-2007 07:41 PM
raphael Offline

Providing roundcube doesn't mean we should drop squirrelmail, does it?
06-24-2007 09:59 AM
MicCo Offline
Moderators

raphael Wrote:Providing roundcube doesn't mean we should drop squirrelmail, does it?

We don't need to provide RoundCube vs SquirrelMail, server admin can replace it if he want, but we have desided to use SquirellMail due to severel options, one as You can see here in this forum, speed, support, and plugin options, not only forks.
06-25-2007 07:27 PM
raphael Offline

I know, but what I'm saying is: if roundcube is provided it wouldn't mean that squirrelmail has to be dropped.
06-26-2007 12:43 AM