Current time: 05-06-2024, 02:06 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Demo user
bodsink Offline

Smile Demo user
Hi all,
I need demo user can walk on my own server, pease help how to

thanks
Bodsink
10-31-2009 02:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gOOvER Offline
Banned

RE: Demo user
Demo User? Why don't you create a new User??
10-31-2009 04:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Raumaffe Offline

yeah just create a new user call it like demo_user and give it a password like user123 or something to that effect. make a sub-domain for it for example: http://demo.example.org. and there you have a demo user with it's own domain name. Also when you create the user, be sure to make it secured as you don't want malicious people logging in and using cron for example.

that is how other company's allow demo' of the panel, including isp-control.
10-31-2009 05:03 AM
bodsink Offline

thanks for the reply,
if create a new user, the user is still able to run full ispcp features such as creating ftp user etc, I want how do create a demo user which will be read only, such as the demo user in cPanel

thanks
bodsink
10-31-2009 05:57 AM
Raumaffe Offline

(10-31-2009 05:57 AM)bodsink Wrote:  thanks for the reply,
if create a new user, the user is still able to run full ispcp features such as creating ftp user etc, I want how do create a demo user which will be read only, such as the demo user in cPanel

thanks
bodsink

If you set their disk usage to maybe -1 than let them setup all the ftp users they want to, nothing would be able to be uploaded. or maybe add a 1mb file, set it to 1, and change the permissions on the file so it can't be removed. Also to note even when you have a demo user for WHM/Cpanel you should always keep a keen eye on that account.
10-31-2009 06:12 AM
bodsink Offline

(10-31-2009 06:12 AM)Raumaffe Wrote:  
(10-31-2009 05:57 AM)bodsink Wrote:  thanks for the reply,

thanks
bodsink

If you set their disk usage to maybe -1 than let them setup all the ftp users they want to, nothing would be able to be uploaded. or maybe add a 1mb file, set it to 1, and change the permissions on the file so it can't be removed. Also to note even when you have a demo user for WHM/Cpanel you should always keep a keen eye on that account.

yeah bro,
really thank you for suggesting Smile
10-31-2009 06:34 AM