Current time: 05-07-2024, 03:48 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Proper domain setup howto
sintax Offline

Proper domain setup howto
Hi,

I recently installed ISPCP 1.0.2 on a Debian Lenny. Everything went ok.
I have a domain (domain.com) which has alot of DNS entries so I updated the record on my ISP for admin.domain.com and servername.domain.com to point to the new IP of the server I setup.

During setup I set the machine name to servername.domain.com and set ISPCP domain to admin.domain.com. I was able to access ISPCP by entering admin.domain.com

My problem is the following:
I added a new domain using a newly created reseller account called domain2.com under ISPCP

I purchased domain2.com from Godaddy and tried setting the nameserver to servername.domain.com or admin.domain.com but godaddy just responded with: Nameserver not registered.

What is the proper way to set this up? Should I get 2 separate IPs just for this? Also did I set the domain and machine name properly like this? Because under the bind9 db I got ns1.admin.domain.com which is weird.

Sorry for asking such a n00b question but I have been doing Linux for quite some time now but never had to do anything with BIND. The server is running bind9 on port 53.

Please help,

Thanks,
Sintax
11-14-2009 07:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gleno0h Offline

RE: Proper domain setup howto
I am hosting the domains from an external host, pointing them to my server ip adres.
set domain2.com to your ipaddress (there should already be a default one) Im not a fan of dns (thats why i got external hostTongue) But almost everything is pointing to my ip and some to hostname, which, i think doesnt matter, correct me if im wrong. Its all working good with 20+ domains though.

So try this
admin.domain.com -> server ip address
domain2.com -> server ip address -> make account in ispcp for this domain
allow 72 hours for the change to take effect

Let me know if it worked.
11-17-2009 10:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply