Current time: 04-19-2024, 09:25 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Checkpoint backups
datacompboy Offline

Checkpoint backups
Is that possible/good idea to have checkpoints backups?
I mean after several changes in GUI (new user / setting / new reseller / site added/removed etc) initiate config checkpoint backup tar'ed and uploaded to external FTP ?

So in case of hardware/handware failure admin will able to restore settings easily Smile
It can be done not "asap" but "if in last 30 mins was changes, do checkpoint and save it" -- so at least user passwords remains same -- that will increase feel of customers in case of emergencySmile
11-21-2009 02:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeNe Offline
Moderators

RE: Checkpoint backups
But this has more todo with your Servermanagment itself and not with ispCP or?

I do it myself with rsync with all related ispCP files and files/configs for the other Services running on the Server. If you running ispCP in VE, there is no such Backup needed because you can use the VE Snapshots.

Greez BeNe
11-23-2009 05:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
datacompboy Offline

Personally, i think, that good backup system -- is part of server GUI.
also, server doing right now backup of all modified files -- so, why not run one more script to tarball current settings?
11-23-2009 05:25 PM
BeNe Offline
Moderators

Quote:Personally, i think, that good backup system -- is part of server GUI.
But ispCP is not a good Backup-System - it is a good WebHosting System.
Quote:so, why not run one more script to tarball current settings?
Keep the I/O and Serverload in mind during the Backup.

I understand you full, you want to stay on the secure side with the checkpoint backup.

What files/configs/DB´s are needed in your checkpoint Backups ?

Greez BeNe
11-23-2009 05:57 PM
datacompboy Offline

(11-23-2009 05:57 PM)BeNe Wrote:  What files/configs/DB´s are needed in your checkpoint Backups ?

checkpoint must contains info, needed for roll to that point.
since engine can generate all info from db -- then, i think, only ispcp database should be backed up on checkpoint.

but, i think, you need no worry. i'm plan to work on backup/restore for ispcp.
after last migrate, when transferred lot of sites from plesk/ispconfig/cpanel i hate manual restore Big Grin
12-23-2009 05:56 PM