Current time: 04-20-2024, 02:54 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Would you pay for ISPcP
No! ISPcP is free for a reason!
No! I generaly don't pay for Software!
Maybe, There should be a free version avaialable
Yes, on a donation basis!
I would sell my wife, children, dog and house to use ISPcP
[Show Results]

Keep ISPcP free?
kevke Offline

Keep ISPcP free?
I come to the conclusion, that ISPcP is one of the best rivals to cPanel, and I realy mean it. I would like to open a poll to raise the question, if someone would like to pay for ISPcP. (I am not connected neither to the DEV Team, nor any other team in relation to ISPcP)

Sublimental:

Oha, wrong board, please move to an appropiate board. Thank you!
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2009 04:53 PM by kevke.)
11-30-2009 04:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
motokochan Offline

RE: Keep ISPcP free?
Considering some of the small problems with the software right now, I don't think it would be right to charge for it. Commercial solutions like cPanel and Plesk have more polish, even on the small things. I'm not saying ispCP Omega is awful. It's a great tool, but it just doesn't have that quality polish yet.

Even with the polish I know will come, I would hate to see a pay-only option. Offering support options for a small price, or even some other small nice items for a donation, would be a great way to contribute.
12-01-2009 02:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kevke Offline

Couldn't agree more.
12-01-2009 05:01 PM
Mastacheata Offline

Even though the ispcp developers probably didn't have any choice on the licensing since this is "only" a fork of another GPLed project, I sincerely hope that the one who chose to make it available for free did that for a good reason.
I personally like the philosophy behind open source software and invest at least some of my free time helping where I can.
I didn't choose ispcp because it is free as in free beer. There are so many other free and maybe opensource alternatives around.
I am not willing to pay for software that was formerly free (as in beer) software.
But I was pretty damn sure willing to pay for priority support by competent developers or other people with in-depth knowledge.
Even though I'm still a university student and don't earn that much money from my part time job, I donate some part of my money every month to different organizations (e.g. EFF, FSFE, some smaller Open Source Software Projects have also gotten some money from me).

The Donating model doesn't pay for the developers bills in such small projects as ispcp is, but on the other hand it leaves it up to me how much the work of others is worth for me.
12-05-2009 02:58 AM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Quote:But I was pretty damn sure willing to pay for priority support by competent developers or other people with in-depth knowledge.
+1 to "I would pay for quality support and/or administration, but not for the software itself" as an answer to this poll Wink
12-05-2009 03:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kevke Offline

Is it somehow possible to add answers to the poll?
12-07-2009 07:45 PM
motokochan Offline

Only the poll starter and the admins can modify the poll, afaik.
12-08-2009 01:58 PM
kevke Offline

(12-08-2009 01:58 PM)motokochan Wrote:  Only the poll starter and the admins can modify the poll, afaik.

I guess, it is just the mods, because, I can't change it.
12-16-2009 08:43 PM