Current time: 04-27-2024, 01:13 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Email fowarding in comand line
bmb Offline

Email fowarding in comand line
Hello all.
The mail alias with postfix work fine, but i'm trying to add aliases to postfix in comand line
this what i've done:
Quote:emacs /etc/postfix/ispcp/aliases
Quote:The file look like this:
#
# MTA Managment Virtual Aliases List;
#
# Please do NOT edit it manually;
#
webmaster@domain.tld my@isp.tld
postmaster@domain.ldt my@isp.tld
abuse@domain.tld my@isp.tld
homemade@domaine.tld my@isp.tld
newaliases
That must work.
I've tried to reload postfix but that don't produce anything.
Any idea ?

Andplease don't explain me that the ispcp way work fine, i knwo that but that don't resolve my problem.
12-01-2009 02:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: Email fowarding in comand line
1. This file will be overwritten by ispcp, so you ALSO have to edit /etc/ispcp/postfix/working/aliases so they are mantained over time.
2. Don't forget to "postmap /etc/postfix/ispcp/aliases", before reloading the configuration with "/etc/init.d/postfix reload".
3. Enjoy your new aliases (as long as the domain name of the aliases is already listed in /etc/ispcp/postfix/working/domains).
12-02-2009 06:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bmb Offline

(12-02-2009 06:00 AM)kilburn Wrote:  1. This file will be overwritten by ispcp, so you ALSO have to edit /etc/ispcp/postfix/working/aliases so they are mantained over time.
2. Don't forget to "postmap /etc/postfix/ispcp/aliases", before reloading the configuration with "/etc/init.d/postfix reload".
3. Enjoy your new aliases (as long as the domain name of the aliases is already listed in /etc/ispcp/postfix/working/domains).
Thank you !
And in wich file /etc/ispcp/postfix/working/aliases is linked ?
I would like to create another aliases file(like /etc/ispcp/postfix/working/homemadealiases), for a more clean system.
12-02-2009 12:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Quote:And in wich file /etc/ispcp/postfix/working/aliases is linked ?
I don't get the point here, sorry :S The panel simply uses this file as the basis for account addition/deletion, and overwrites /etc/postfix/ispcp/aliases afterwards...

Quote:I would like to create another aliases file(like /etc/ispcp/postfix/working/homemadealiases), for a more clean system.
Indeed, you only have to add this new file to the "virtual_alias_maps" directive in /etc/postfix/main.cf (you can put as many files as you want in these directives). Don't forget to postmap the new file though!
12-02-2009 05:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply