Current time: 05-05-2024, 11:09 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

externally host mx server 1.0.2
johnnyrevell Offline

externally host mx server 1.0.2
I have a user who wants to host his mail with google
I have changed his site bind records in /var/cache/bind and /etc/ispcp/bind/working
Hi mail is now successfuly being hosted by google. All external mail is being routed to google

However he has a "contact us" form on the site. Initially all mail for this was going to the server's postfix mailbox. I have removed and disabled all mailboxes in his account (set to -1). I have also manually commented out all references to his site in /etc/postfix/ispcp/domains and /etc/ispcp/postfix/working/domains, restarted postfix and bind. Postfix is still trying to send mail to the local server rather than google. I believe in 1.0.2 postfix hosts mail virtually so postmap will not rebuild local tables.

Can anyone help me to get the server to recognise the externally hosted MX server?

Thanks

John
12-08-2009 10:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: externally host mx server 1.0.2
Quote:I have also manually commented out all references to his site in /etc/postfix/ispcp/domains and /etc/ispcp/postfix/working/domains, restarted postfix and bind

This is the correct procedure, so just double-check that they're commented out well, and that you executed "postmap /etc/postfix/ispcp/domains" before restarting postfix...
12-08-2009 11:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
johnnyrevell Offline

(12-08-2009 11:44 PM)kilburn Wrote:  This is the correct procedure, so just double-check that they're commented out well, and that you executed "postmap /etc/postfix/ispcp/domains" before restarting postfix...

aha! I don't have postmap installed on my system (1.0.2)- is it required for virtual mailboxes?

Cheers

John
12-09-2009 01:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
johnnyrevell Offline

I DO have postmap installed Wink

Thanks very much; running

/usr/sbin/postmap /etc/postfix/ispcp/domains

before restarting postfix and bind has fixed it

many thanks for the help

John