Current time: 04-20-2024, 03:00 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

/etc/courier/userdb
Jillian Offline

/etc/courier/userdb
After migrating something weird happend to my system.
Today one my customer removes mailbox from system and all mail account "locked".
I found answer to this error in /etc/courier/userdb, where uid was wrong so I changed it to right one, saved file and run makeuserdb command.
Also I checked that /etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf have right value.
Then i restarted ispcp_daemon and ispcp_networks to be sure that changes are made. Everything works fine.

After few more minutes same customer made new mail account and that error occurs ones again, uid was changed to 1002 and it should be 1001, like ispcp.conf has defined.

So question is; Is there anywhere else defined that uid?
12-08-2009 10:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jillian Offline

RE: /etc/courier/userdb
I forgot modify /etc/ispcp/courier/working/userdb -.-
12-12-2009 02:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nuxwin
Unregistered

RE: /etc/courier/userdb
Hello ;

First, you should never change manually the userdb file !

If you use 1.0.3 or later, just check the uid value of vmail user into your ispcp.conf and in your /etc/passwd file.

Example for Debian lenny :

File /etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf :
Code:
MTA_MAILBOX_MIN_UID = 1004

MTA_MAILBOX_UID = 1004

Here, the uid is 1004, but :

vmail user real uid:
Code:
ispcp:~# getent passwd | grep vmail
vmail:x:1000:8:vmail-user:/home/vmail:/bin/false

Here, the uid of vmail user is 1000. So, You should replace the tow instances of bad uid 1004 by the uid 1000 it in your both ispcp.conf and ispcp.old.conf (create if from ispcp.conf if doesn't exist). After that, you can re-run the /var/ispcp/engine/setup/ispcp-update script to rebuild all configuration files sush as userdb.

Cheers ;

EDIT: For versions 1.0.2, see http://www.isp-control.net/forum/thread-...l#pid68803
12-13-2009 02:14 AM
Quote this message in a reply