Current time: 04-24-2024, 12:31 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: What distro have you installed ispCP on?
Debian etch
Debian sarge
Fedora
Gentoo
RedHat/CentOS
OpenBSD/FreeBSD
Ubuntu
Sles9
SuSE 9.3
(open)SuSE 10.x
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
What distro have you installed ispCP on?
raphael Offline

What distro have you installed ispCP on?
This info can be very helpful, because we are currently in a lack of distro maintainers.
06-27-2007 09:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

RE: What distro have you installed ispCP on?
100% Debian - wow :-)

maybe etch/sarge should be treated different...

I'm on the way to put ispcp on a openSuSE 10.2
(SuSE 9.3 is not supported anymore from Novel, so this should be dropped...)

/J - now it's time to go to bed ( 2 in the morning...)
06-27-2007 10:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
raphael Offline

Support for sarge should be dropped.

And about SuSE 9.3 and 10.2 ... maybe we should drop 9.3 and add 10.2 (currently we 'support' 10.0)
06-27-2007 11:51 AM
salnet Offline

raphael Wrote:Support for sarge should be dropped.
I don't think so. Many Virtual-Server and Root-Server-provider provide only images for oldstable.

I had a lot of issues to solve to update my virtual server to etch, so this one will stay oldstable until provider will provide an Etch-image. But my other two virtual and one root run properly with Etch (and ispcp of course).
07-02-2007 06:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BioALIEN Offline
Public Relations Officer
Dev Team

This poll is very interesting. We need as many people to fill out the survey to get a good idea of user/distro demographics.
07-02-2007 04:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Z4P Offline

Jeay, i see alot of people are using debian etch, i'm not sure if this because ispcp run the best on debian, or they just like that OS like me Smile
07-02-2007 04:21 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

I can tell about my sitiation: I used to use (open)suse. But since ispcp runs best on etch I startet one server with etch (my ispcp test server) and I'm beginning to like it :-) but nevertheless:
If you know a distribution good it's a big deal to switch to another one. I'd vote for openSuSE 10.2 but it's not in the list and since the poll question reads about "on what distro you have ispcp *installed*" and suse is not fully supportet... well...

The question should be:
what distro are you planing to use for your ispcp server... (or similar)

/Joximu
07-02-2007 06:12 PM
Z4P Offline

Jeay, i agree. I used to work on debian sarge and fedora core 6, but since ispcp runs the best on debian etch i stared to use that. I always liked debian, it's a good server distro.
07-02-2007 06:16 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

> ... debian, it's a good server distro.

sure. But it *was* not really good for beginners and if you work some years with a distribution you know that distribution very well and then it's alot of works to switch to another distribution...
But it has to be done and etch is a good reason for me. :-)

/J
07-02-2007 06:18 PM
raphael Offline

Quote:But it *was* not really good for beginners and if you work some years with a distribution you know that distribution very well and then it's alot of works to switch to another distribution...
it isn't that hard. When I moved from windows to Debian it only took me some days to get used to it.
07-03-2007 02:18 AM