Current time: 04-26-2024, 08:39 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Upgrade Problem on CentOS 5.4
Feldi Offline

Upgrade Problem on CentOS 5.4
Hi there,
i tried to update ispCP Omega 1.0.2 to 1.0.3.

Everything works fine, but when i try to do the step 13 from here i always get this error:

Code:
Can't locate File/MimeInfo/Magic.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8 .) at ispcp-update line 53.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ispcp-update line 53.

Thanks for helping!

P.S.: Sorry for my bad enlgish Wink

Greetz from cold Germany, Feldi

* Edit1:

Ok, now i solved this problem. now when i start the update program, it says:

Update ispCP database schema: [failed]

FATAL: An error was occured during update process!
Correct it and re-run this program.

You can find help at http://isp-control.net/forum
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2009 11:41 AM by Feldi.)
12-20-2009 11:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bpratt Offline

RE: Upgrade Problem on CentOS 5.4
(12-20-2009 11:20 AM)Feldi Wrote:  Hi there,

Everything works fine, but when i try to do the step 13 from here i always get this error:

Code:
Can't locate File/MimeInfo/Magic.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8 .) at ispcp-update line 53.

Same issue under Debian Etch 32bit

Looks like a Perl module missing that I'll have to update.
New problem with upgrade :-

ispCP PHP (fastCGI modules configuration): [failed]

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2009 12:21 PM by bpratt.)
12-20-2009 12:13 PM
motokochan Offline

(12-20-2009 11:20 AM)Feldi Wrote:  Hi there,

Code:

You need to make sure you have perl-File-MimeInfo installed. I recommend you check that you have all packages listed in the centos-packages document.

(12-20-2009 11:20 AM)Feldi Wrote:  Ok, now i solved this problem. now when i start the update program, it says:

Update ispCP database schema: [failed]

You can find help at http://isp-control.net/forum

I'm not sure if enabling debug mode will give you more information or not, but you can try. There are a few possibilities on why it is having issues, but that's not enough information to determine which.
12-20-2009 01:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Feldi Offline

thanks motokochan, but i allready solved the problem: the server is new and virtualized with xen. at the moment it is not a productive machine, so i deleted the vm an reinstalled it(with ispcp omega 1.0.3).

now everything works fine!

i wish you all a mery xmas!

greetz, feldi
12-20-2009 01:46 PM
warcry Offline

Hello everybody

I've experienced the same problems on Debian Lenny.
Can't locate File/MimeInfo/Magic.pm in @INC at ispcp-update line 53. -> apt-get install libfile-mimeinfo-perl -> SOLVED
Then received: Update ispCP database schema: [failed]

Could you tell me how to enable debug mode? -> found it
I tried to update a productive machine - reinstalling shouldn't be an option.

*Update*
I looked into the perl script and found whats probably the reason for the script to fail, /tmp/ispcp-update-database.log:
Code:
X-Powered-By: PHP/4.4.9^M
Content-type: text/html^M
^M
<br />
<b>Parse error</b>:  syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in <b>/var/www/ispcp/engine/setup/updDB.php</b> on line <b>39</b><br />
I'm running one website on php4 and somehow $main::cfg{'CMD_PHP'} contains the path to the php4 executables.
After I fixed CMD_PHP in /etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf the database schema update worked, however now the script fails at "ispCP PHP (fastCGI modules configuration): [failed]".
Debug Output:
Code:
ispCP PHP (fastCGI modules configuration):DEBUG: push_el() sub_name: setup_php(), msg: Starting...
DEBUG: push_el() sub_name: sys_command_rs(), msg: Starting...
DEBUG: push_el() sub_name: sys_command_rs(), msg: Ending...
DEBUG: push_el() sub_name: get_file(), msg: Starting...
DEBUG: push_el() sub_name: get_file(), msg: ERROR: File '/etc/ispcp/apache/fastcgi_ispcp.conf' does not exist !
DEBUG: push_el() sub_name: exit_msg(), msg: Starting...
                          [failed]
/tmp/ispcp-update-services.log:
Code:
Stopping Courier IMAP-SSL server: imapd-ssl.

I'm updating from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3.

Kind regards
warcry
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2009 12:57 AM by warcry.)
12-20-2009 08:40 PM
motokochan Offline

(12-20-2009 08:40 PM)warcry Wrote:  I tried to update a productive machine - reinstalling shouldn't be an option.

This is why you should always make a backup before upgrading.

(12-20-2009 08:40 PM)warcry Wrote:  DEBUG: push_el() sub_name: get_file(), msg: ERROR: File '/etc/ispcp/apache/fastcgi_ispcp.conf' does not exist !

That's the key right there. Does that file exist? If not, does it exist in /tmp/ispcp? If so, copy it into place. If not, check the download and see if it was included.
12-21-2009 04:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
warcry Offline

(12-21-2009 04:08 AM)motokochan Wrote:  That's the key right there. Does that file exist? If not, does it exist in /tmp/ispcp? If so, copy it into place. If not, check the download and see if it was included.
In /tmp/ispcp/etc/ispcp/apache & /etc/ispcp/apache there is only a fcgid_ispcp.conf.
Contents of the download ispcp-omega-1.0.3/configs/debian/apache:
00_master.conf backup fastcgi.conf httpd.conf parts
01_awstats.conf fastcgi2.conf fcgid_ispcp.conf Makefile working
I've downloaded the file from: http://mesh.dl.sourceforge.net/sourcefor...0.3.tar.bz which is linked from the Debian Update article in the online documentation. So there isn't a file called 'fastcgi_ispcp.conf'. However I have checked the md5sum:
Code:
# md5sum ispcp-omega-1.0.3.tar.bz2
d8b5ba9e03e038562112fd60479fe5fc  ispcp-omega-1.0.3.tar.bz2
And it's the same as in the sourceforge ispcp-omega-1.0.3.tar.bz2.sum file.

I have backups so it's not a issue, I just would like to keep everything updated and secure. And reinstalling would cause some downtime. The server seems to run fine right now just the update script hasn't run completely.
12-21-2009 04:53 AM
Nuxwin
Unregistered

(12-20-2009 08:40 PM)warcry Wrote:  Hello everybody

I've experienced the same problems on Debian Lenny.
Can't locate File/MimeInfo/Magic.pm in @INC at ispcp-update line 53. -> apt-get install libfile-mimeinfo-perl -> SOLVED

Hi ;

For Debian , the package "libfile-mimeinfo-perl" has been added to the list of packages you must install. If you encountered this error, it's simply because you have not properly follow the signs for the update.

So, please, before reporting errors, thank you to learn to read. Tongue

Regarding the problem with the executable php4-cli, I'll correct the problem.
12-21-2009 04:55 AM
Quote this message in a reply
warcry Offline

Hi

(12-21-2009 04:55 AM)nuxwin Wrote:  For Debian , the package "libfile-mimeinfo-perl" has been added to the list of packages you must install. If you encountered this error, it's simply because you have not properly follow the signs for the update.
Yes you're right I actually oversaw a error from cat reporting it couldn't find "./docs/Debian/debian-packages-", for some reason the lsb_release command isn't available on my system. But it wasn't meant to be a error reporting, I just documented my experience. But I will take the time to extent my literacy ability Wink

Thank you for addressing the php4 problem, it might be interesting for you to know that the path of my php4 executable is "/usr/bin/php".

*Update*
After rebuilding the system with all packages installed everything worked perfectly, I'm sorry to have bothered you when it was my fault.

Thank you for the support. I'm really happy with ispCP.

Kind regards
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2009 08:49 PM by warcry.)
12-21-2009 05:25 AM