Current time: 05-06-2024, 11:18 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Postfix and google apps
D4rKr0W Offline

Postfix and google apps
I thought i'd ask here since i don't really know where to go for support.

I have ispcp 1.0.3 installed on my dedicated machine with the latest debian 5 stable but i've come across a problem with configuring the mail system.

I decided to use google apps and move all the mail related stuff to google, but once i set up my domain and i transferred it to the machine where ispcp is running, i began experiencing issues with the php functions related to emails.

Basically this is what is happening: i created mydomain.org on ispcp and the web hosting is working fine. The DNS stuff is managed externally by my datacenter and all the google apps info are correctly inserted there. Whenever my forum/cms tries to send an email to user@mydomain.org, though, php seems to rely on postfix to send the mails. With postfix not having any info on how to handle the various mailboxes, it just bounces the "undelivered mail returned to sender" mail to my admin address.

Is there any way to fix it by disabling postfix for the domani or something like that? I want to keep google, because the additional services the packet provides are quite handy.

I tried deleting the default email address created by ispcp and setting the mailboxes number on the domain to -1, but it doesnt seem to fix the issue.
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2009 05:47 AM by D4rKr0W.)
12-23-2009 05:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: Postfix and google apps
(1) please (2) use (3) the (4) search (5) function.

Thanks.
12-23-2009 08:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
D4rKr0W Offline

RE: Postfix and google apps
lol, my bad :s
12-23-2009 01:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply