Current time: 07-04-2024, 04:00 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Upgrade howto ¿?
ctrl-alt-del Offline

RE: Upgrade howto ¿?
I installed IspCP Omega 1.0.0 RC2c under Debian-etch. My first installation under VM (based on etch Image with Debian) worked perfectly and I probed to install it at the "real" PC (pentium II 400MHz, first only for test purposes). This installation was also a right battle for me (Kernel Problems with ACPI, libread-problems with PHP5 and mysql), but now Debian is installed on this machine and it works. Unlike VM with older versions of PHP5, mysql and libread I got at my PII problems with WebFTP (Warnings 123, 124 with /tmp directory). I probed all solutions found in this Forum (setting of default tmp-direktory in php.ini globally and by each user), but all my experiments were unsuccessful. I decided in favor of install of actual (last night) snapshot. I insatlled the snapshot from 04/09/2007 exactly according to WIKI-howto about upgrade including data base update. And now I have an error message at Omega Start Page:

" Unknown column 'captcha_count' in 'field list' "

Could someone help me?
Since all user accounts was only test accounts, the complete data base can be cleaned. But I do not know, how I can do it.

Best regards
09-06-2007 05:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeNe Offline
Moderators

If you want to Upgrade from the R2c you should do it like raphael said.
There are to many changes in the DB and in the configs.

Install a NightlyBuild from scratch - and you are on best side.

Greez BeNe
09-06-2007 07:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ctrl-alt-del Offline

Code:
# cd /var/www/ispcp/engine/setup/
# perl ./ispcp-uninstall

Welcome in ISPCP OMEGA '1.0 Priamos' Uninstall Program.

This program will uninstall ISPCP OMEGA system from your server.

/!\ WARNING: All domain users and their accounts will be removed.  /!\

Please press 'Enter' to continue.

ERROR: File '/etc/apache2/mods-available/fastcgi_ispcp.conf' does not exist !
And now? Should I instal rc2c again and than uninstal it with original uninstall perl script from rc2c or what?

Best regards

Edit: Now, i gain the message:

Code:
ERROR: Unable to connect SQL server !

and cannot uninstall, too.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2007 08:54 AM by ctrl-alt-del.)
09-07-2007 08:28 AM
rsmithgs Offline

I had a simular issue a while ago. I believe it was caused by using the uninstall script from the latest trunk rather then the rc2c. To be honest I didn't investigate and just did a fresh install of debian.
09-07-2007 05:56 PM
ctrl-alt-del Offline

Thanks, I had this idea too, but as all last solution. I said, my debian installation was a battle... And in a sence I dislike this "a-la-windows98" cautious with fully system reinstall after each small problem. I will probe to modify the unistall script, that it ignore the data base connection error.
A please to developer of uninstall script. Could you redesign your script so, that it runs continuing (without breaks) irrespective errors? You can realize it as option, but this way should be possible, too.
For install script it is understandable, if script breaks after each error, because the installation is possible only if ALL steps are done. But in case of uninstall it can be often possible, that one or other package or component are already uninstalled (my case for example).

Best regards

Edit: after few comments in the uninstall script:
Code:
Congratulations !

ISPCP OMEGA '1.0 Priamos' uninstall completed successfully !

Thank you for using ISPCP OMEGA product !
I reviewed the perl uninstall script. I think, it is a wrong concept to use of constructs like this (as example):
Code:
$rs = del_file("$bk_dir/imapd.ispcp");
return $rs if ($rs != 0);
It would be better instead of break after each small error push all error messages in a temporary file and view this error file at end of unistall processes. Alternatively the old method can be activated too.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2007 08:31 PM by ctrl-alt-del.)
09-07-2007 06:29 PM
rsmithgs Offline

ctrl-alt-del Wrote:Thanks, I had this idea too, but as all last solution. I said, my debian installation was a battle... And in a sence I dislike this "a-la-windows98" cautious with fully system reinstall after each small problem. I will probe to modify the unistall script, that it ignore the data base connection error.
A please to developer of uninstall script. Could you redesign your script so, that it runs continuing (without breaks) irrespective errors? You can realize it as option, but this way should be possible, too.
For install script it is understandable, if script breaks after each error, because the installation is possible only if ALL steps are done. But in case of uninstall it can be often possible, that one or other package or component are already uninstalled (my case for example).

Best regards

Edit: after few comments in the uninstall script:
Code:
Congratulations !

ISPCP OMEGA '1.0 Priamos' uninstall completed successfully !

Thank you for using ISPCP OMEGA product !
I reviewed the perl uninstall script. I think, it is a wrong concept to use of constructs like this (as example):
Code:
$rs = del_file("$bk_dir/imapd.ispcp");
return $rs if ($rs != 0);
It would be better instead of break after each small error push all error messages in a temporary file and view this error file at end of unistall processes. Alternatively the old method can be activated too.

Or if you delete the database and the users you could probably just re-install over the top Smile
09-07-2007 11:42 PM
ctrl-alt-del Offline

Unfortunatelly the last two trunks do not work at my debian etch. I deleted all ispcp directories (var, etc, tmp) and checked in mysql that the database ispcp is deleted. Than I installed last trunk. Completely new. The problem is: with last trunk I can create a new reseller, but i can not create a new user (domain). The status stays still at "pending" (two blue round arrows). I probed it with different names, but all domains stay "pending". I probed 4 or 5 times to completelly reinstal the trunk, but it yields noting. I deleted the last trunk and installed new the old "rc2c". Under rc2c I can create user, but webftp do not works (I said about this problem in my first posting):
Code:
Warning: ftp_rawlist() [function.ftp-rawlist]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/ispcp/gui/:/etc/ispcp/:/proc/:/bin/df:/bin/mount:/var/log/rkhunter.log:/usr/share/php/) in /var/www/ispcp/gui/tools/filemanager/includes/browse.inc.php on line 123

Warning: ftp_rawlist() [function.ftp-rawlist]: Unable to create temporary file. Check permissions in temporary files directory. in /var/www/ispcp/gui/tools/filemanager/includes/browse.inc.php on line 123

Warning: ftp_rawlist() [function.ftp-rawlist]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/ispcp/gui/:/etc/ispcp/:/proc/:/bin/df:/bin/mount:/var/log/rkhunter.log:/usr/share/php/) in /var/www/ispcp/gui/tools/filemanager/includes/browse.inc.php on line 124

Warning: ftp_rawlist() [function.ftp-rawlist]: Unable to create temporary file. Check permissions in temporary files directory. in /var/www/ispcp/gui/tools/filemanager/includes/browse.inc.php on line 124

During the ispcp installation I choose "PHP5". I probed to install it with choice of "PHP4", but it do not works. In this case I gain some error messages in my browser, if I go to the login page. And I can not log in.

I have "debian etch" with all updates and upgrades.
Installed versions (synaptic package manager):
mysql: 5.0.45-0.dotdeb.0
php4: 6:4.4.7-0.dotdeb.0
php5: 5.2.3-0.dotdeb.0

Can someone help me? How I can debug ISPCP? Error logs in /var/logs say noting.

I will probe now with an oldest trunk version.

And one please to developer: Please comment the "return" operator after the section with "newaliases" in uninstall script. Otherwise in my case the uninstall process breaks still with:

Code:
ERROR: External command '/usr/bin/newaliases &> /tmp/ispcp-uninstall-services.log' returned '75' status !

I do not know, what is "75". But my "investigations" showed me, that /usr/bin/newaliases pointes to sendmail. I think, 75 is the error message, because sendmail can not send notification mail. Is it really important for uninstall process, that notification mail is sent? I think, it is more important, that uninstall process is done without such pseudo errors.

Best regards.

Edit: Also trunk from 01/08/2007 do not works at my debian. I can not add new users/domains...

Edit2: With trunk 08/09/2007 and activated debugging in ispcp_common_methods.pl I found followed message in /var/log/ispcp/ispcp-dmn-mngr.stderr
Code:
Can't locate Net/LibIDN.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /var/www/ispcp/engine/ /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /var/www/ispcp/engine/ispcp-dmn-mngr line 42.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/ispcp/engine/ispcp-dmn-mngr line 42.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2007 05:22 AM by ctrl-alt-del.)
09-09-2007 02:55 AM
raphael Offline

install the all packages from the packages list
09-09-2007 06:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ctrl-alt-del Offline

Thanks! I found it already singly. The error message from debug mode helped me.
Code:
apt-get install libnet-libidn-perl
solved my problem. My mistake was, I could not thinking that trunk versions need more packages than "rc2c".

I must see now, how I delete this old "wrong" user. He is not more pending, but cannot also be deleted. But if it not possible, I will install ispCP new. It is no problem for me, because this installation is first only for test purposes and I do not have real accounts here.

Thanks!
09-09-2007 06:58 AM