Current time: 04-23-2024, 07:14 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
My subdomain can not run in internet
giulia1214 Offline

My subdomain can not run in internet
I rented a space from some server agency, the server use ispCP OMEGA's control panel.My maindomain web page can open. And the server agency allow me to create a subdomain. So I have created a subdomain in the control panel, pointed a Mount point(/web),and upload my web files to the Mount point(/web/htdocs),the main web page name is "index.html". But I can't open my subdomain web pages.It shows "your address can not find."(not 404 or 505)
What's the main problem?
01-01-2010 09:14 AM
Find all posts by this user
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

RE: My subdomain can not run in internet
I'd say DNS - since no more infos are given.

Please check if web.yourdomain.com is entered in the DNS - should be normally if the DNS is managed by ispcp...

/J
01-01-2010 11:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
giulia1214 Offline

(01-01-2010 11:27 AM)joximu Wrote:  I'd say DNS - since no more infos are given.

Please check if web.yourdomain.com is entered in the DNS - should be normally if the DNS is managed by ispcp...

/J

Excuse me,how and where to set DNS?
01-01-2010 07:31 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

Hm, I don't know how this is managed in the server agency - normally ispcp is able to manage this. But if the agency really uses ispcp for DNS - I don't know.
If it's not working today I'd ask the agency...

And: you have to wait some hours after register a new subdomain - your internet access provider does not know the new subdomain immediately -> "not found"...

I only can help more if I know the exact domain (and subdomain) - you can send me a PM here in the forum.

/J
01-01-2010 08:48 PM
motokochan Offline

As joximu was trying to say, usually ispCP Omega will manage DNS and add the subdomain when it's created.

You might be using different servers for DNS than your ispCP Omega server. If this is the case, you need to make sure to add the correct record to that server.

If you respond with the domain, I can try to see if you are using an external service or if you are using the ispCP Omega server.
01-02-2010 11:00 AM
giulia1214 Offline

Thanks for joximu and motokochan.
I will tell my further detail about my situation.In ispCP OMEGA control panel. I clicked "Manage domains" and "add subdomain". After created my subdomain, it showed a list, including "Name,Mount point,Status,Actions"and the Status is "OK". Then I through "filezilla" FTP UPLOAD SOFTWARE,login my FTP space,find the "Mount point", under the path,the system has already created a new "index.html".I download it to my harddisk,and open it,it showes:

"This is the default page This page was generated automatically . Please upload your own index.html file.

If you are the Administrator of this domain, please login here"

I login again, it returned to my ispCP OMEGA control panel. I upload my web files to this path and use my "index.html" to cover the default page.
I know the new subdomain will not active immediately, But now I have waited over 60 hours. And it also can not open,even I returned the "default page",It also shows "your address can not find." I'm puzzled.

Here is my server agency website "http://www.auyama.it/" I am not find and don't know which web server does he use.
01-03-2010 12:43 AM
motokochan Offline

The DNS for auyama.it is managed by ZoneEdit. You'll need to make sure the subdomain has been added through that service.
01-04-2010 01:52 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

@giulia1214:

if the browser still tells "cannot find address" then ask the hosting agency about this - we cannot help - we don't know anything about which domain etc.

if the browser shows something (error-website, wrong website etc) then it depends on what is displayed.

/J
01-04-2010 06:10 PM
giulia1214 Offline

The problem is solved. The server manager set the DNS.
Thanks for joximu and motokochan again.
01-05-2010 08:16 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

(01-05-2010 08:16 PM)giulia1214 Wrote:  The problem is solved. The server manager set the DNS.
Thanks for joximu and motokochan again.

cool!

btw. there's a thankyou button, named reputation :-)

I'm closing the thread.

/Joximu
01-05-2010 08:41 PM
Thread Closed