Current time: 04-27-2024, 06:54 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How to see website before DNS resolves
gacott Offline

How to see website before DNS resolves
Many times it's important to be building and setup a website brfore dns resolves, just about all host allow this, something like http://mywebserver.com/~newdomain.com
How would I go about doing this with ISPCP? I am moving a customers domain to my server and will need to move it, set up a redirect from his machine and then change dns. So I will have to be able to see the production site on my server before dns resolves.

Thanks
Garret
01-11-2010 02:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

RE: How to see website before DNS resolves
You cannot access all hostings with one VirtualHost because of the different permissions of the different customers.

there's a howto (at least in the forum, maybe in the docu) to use something like vu20xx.admin.yourhost.com or similar...

/J
01-11-2010 08:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chris734 Offline

RE: How to see website before DNS resolves
(01-11-2010 02:02 AM)gacott Wrote:  Many times it's important to be building and setup a website brfore dns resolves, just about all host allow this, something like http://mywebserver.com/~newdomain.com
How would I go about doing this with ISPCP? I am moving a customers domain to my server and will need to move it, set up a redirect from his machine and then change dns. So I will have to be able to see the production site on my server before dns resolves.

Thanks
Garret

sorry my bad english, for test a site, simply add your domains in your host file. On windows this files is in /windows/system32/drives/etc.
Add line

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx domain.ltd

remove your cache and try again
04-16-2010 09:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply