Current time: 05-06-2024, 01:15 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

authdaemonrc.system missing
skeeter Offline

authdaemonrc.system missing
during the install of ispCP 1.0.3-1 on BSD 7.2, I get the following...

ERROR: File '/usr/local/etc/ispcp/courier/backup/authdaemonrc.system' does not exist !
sebby# postmap: fatal: open /usr/local/etc/postfix/ispcp/{aliases,domains,mailboxes,transport,sender-access}: No such file or directory

I found a thread on this already, but I am not sure of what the solution was. I did a find for authdaemonrc.system on the HD with no luck. I poked around for an answer on the board, and did not find one. So I thought I would ask again.

Where and how is this file created? Can I recreate it?? Do I need to do a "make install" again and look for an error?

Thanks in advance!

Skeeter-
01-13-2010 02:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sebby Offline

RE: authdaemonrc.system missing
I don`t remember exactly but i think what you pasted is from a post of mine, and i think courier is not corectly installed or its module, give me more informations and maybe i could help.
EDIT:(If you can`t find any solutions try to create an empty file with that name in path ..as i remember that is what i did)
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2010 08:11 AM by sebby.)
01-23-2010 08:06 AM
skeeter Offline

RE: authdaemonrc.system missing
(01-23-2010 08:06 AM)sebby Wrote:  I don`t remember exactly but i think what you pasted is from a post of mine, and i think courier is not corectly installed or its module, give me more informations and maybe i could help.
EDIT:(If you can`t find any solutions try to create an empty file with that name in path ..as i remember that is what i did)

I "Thank You" for your reply... and yes, Putty would not let me cut and paste so I borrowed the error from your post.

Sorry it tokk me so long to get back... I installed as per the instructions with the exception of having downloaded the .gz already.

I cd to /usr/local/etc/ispcp/ and I do not see /courier... I did not see any error while installing courier-imap and courier-authlib and tried to install them again.

I do not know all that I would like to know about linux... therefore I have no idea what half of this stuff is -- like courier. Is the missing /courier directory a result of a install failure or simply a mistake somewhere in the setup perl? I can easily create the appropriate directories and files.

Thanks!!

Skeeter-

Update: Looks like everything is now foobar'd. Will have to fdisk and start over. Has anyone installed this on FreeBSD 7.2 that can help pilot me through the pitfalls??
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2010 06:10 AM by skeeter.)
01-29-2010 09:20 AM