Current time: 04-20-2024, 10:19 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mail Auto respond and ispcp-arpl-msgr
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: Mail Auto respond and ispcp-arpl-msgr
From the engine/setup/set-engine-permissions.sh script:
Code:
62    recursive_set_permissions "$LOG_DIR/ispcp-arpl-msgr" \
63            $MTA_MAILBOX_UID_NAME $MTA_MAILBOX_GID_NAME 0750 0640

Hence, if you get the following:
Quote:
Code:
drwxr-x--- 2 1000 mail 4096 12. Jul 15:42 ispcp-arpl-msgr

It means that your MTA_MAILBOX_UID_NAME (that should be "vmail") and MTA_MAILBOX_GID_NAME (that should be "mail") variables are incorrectly set in your ispcp config file (/etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf). Can you confirm it?

Otherwise, simply running the said set-engine-permissions script should fix this issue.
@joxi,nuxwin: Since both "engine/ispcp-db-keys.pl" and "engine/messenger/ispcp-db-keys.pl" have the exact same content, we could change the update instructions from:
Quote:Prior 1.0.3:
Code:
# cp -v /var/www/ispcp/engine/messager/ispcp-db-keys.pl /tmp/ispcp/var/www/ispcp/engine/messenger/
After 1.0.3:
Code:
# cp -v /var/www/ispcp/engine/messenger/ispcp-db-keys.pl /tmp/ispcp/var/www/ispcp/engine/messenger/

to a much simpler:
Quote:(All versionsSmile
Code:
# cp -v /var/www/ispcp/engine/ispcp-db-keys.pl /tmp/ispcp/var/www/ispcp/engine/messenger/

It's much simpler, isn't it? Any arguments against doing so?
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2010 08:23 PM by kilburn.)
07-27-2010 07:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bloombox.de Offline

Thanks for the fast reply!

In /etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf I do have the following:

Code:
MTA_MAILBOX_MIN_UID = 1000
MTA_MAILBOX_UID = 1001
MTA_MAILBOX_UID_NAME = vmail
MTA_MAILBOX_GID = 8
MTA_MAILBOX_GID_NAME = mail

which looks fine. But as I remember I had an issue after installation, that (I do not remember clearly but I guess) user vmail had UID 1000 and therefore I experienced some other problems. And because of that I manually changed user id to 1001 of user vmail. But as I said: That's just a guess. But there was an issue with somethin like that ...

So: Should I run now engine/setup/set-engine-permissions.sh script or can it be, that I do have other problems after running that again? Sadly that very machine is not a testing system but a production machine ...

Cheers,
Jens
07-27-2010 08:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Quote:So: Should I run now engine/setup/set-engine-permissions.sh script or can it be, that I do have other problems after running that again? Sadly that very machine is not a testing system but a production machine ...

The vmail values are correct. Nevertheless, you should also check for the correctess of other UID/GID values. Afterwards, you can (and should) safely run:
Code:
cd /var/www/ispcp/engine/setup
./set-engine-permissions.sh
./set-gui-permissions.sh
07-27-2010 09:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bloombox.de Offline

Thanks a lot and sorry for answering so late! I ran the scripts and until now I do not have any issues as far as I can see ...
07-29-2010 04:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply